No warning

It was just a normal day. Breakfast, family, school. No one saw what was coming.

It all started this morning when I first started getting ready for school. I rummage through my closet to find the perfect outfit. At school I'm always known for my fashion. I'm always the girly girl who knows everything about how to give you a makeover. Don't get me wrong I'm a really smart person and I have straight A's. I just can't stand wearing baggy sweats. I find the perfect purple top that fans out at the waist. My skin is slightly fair but I don't burn easy. I put on some White jeans and some white wedges. I go over to my vanity mirror and apply my mascara and a little bit of eyeshadow to my perfectly centered green eyes. I let my bright red hair curl overnight just using curlers and water. I pull out the curlers and as usual my hair is perfect. I remind myself of Liv from Liv and Maddie. I go to my lipstick drawer and pick out my favorite light pink natural looking lipstick. Not the glossy kind the kind that makes it look normal. Sure I go all out but I don't want to look like some celebrity. I throw some Converse and some shorts and a tank top into a bag for PE. It's always nice to have it with me. Just in case I need a change of shoes. I go to my closet and pull up the floor board. Looking at the door to make sure no ones coming. Setting it aside I pull out my black pants and black top and jacket. (Just in case the world ends, I'll still look good. Like the people in movies) I gently put them in my pe bag in a separate pocket. Lastly I pull out the gun. It's a shot gun. Black. With purple on the edges. My dad gave it to me for my birthday when I was 8. He taught me how to use it and how to fight like a spy. My mom was against it but she was glad I knew. She said I couldn't keep it though. Not until.... I sigh. I really miss him. My dad. He died in a car crash on his way to work shortly after. My mom saw how upset I was and let me keep it. As a reminder of him. As long as it was hidden. I practice all the time far out in the woods where no one can hear. I wear my end of days clothes just cause it makes me feel close to him. He always wanted me to be prepared for things like that. He was really into it. I put the gun back in the floor and put the board over it. Dressing so girly makes me feel silly sometimes cause I know I can use a gun.

I head downstairs and I see my mom already sitting down at the table eating a piece of buttered toast. My dad would have already left for work he used to leave at 5. Its almost 8:30 and I have to be out the door. I'm only in high school but it still doesn't start too early. That's one of my favorite things about West Ferian High. My mom notices me and gestures to a piece of toast in front of my normal seat. My mom spoils me that way. I don't get into trouble and I don't go out partying all the time so my parents trust me. I also get what I want. Not that I'm a stuck-up b**** or anything.

I hear a honk outside as my friend Riana pulls up in her emerald green car. It's one of those fancy sports cars.

"Kenya!" She whines. "Get your butt in this car, we're gonna be late!"

"Be right out ! I call through the window.

My mom glances up at me with her hazel eyes with a knowing look in her face. "Go grab your bag Kenya, I'll wrap this up for you and you can eat it on your way over to school."

"Thanks mom." I grab my burgundy shoulder bag, my keys, and the wrapped toast from my moms hand, and head out the door. Riana's car has a optional roof so most of the time we have the wind in our face while she drives. She turns on the radio. And we sing along for awhile. When we get to school I see Chloe, Rachel, and Amber waiting for us. I have my first class with Rachel and Riana. Rachel winks at me and says. "Guess who's not late today."

"Kaden's here? Now?" I question.

Cloe rolls her eyes at me. "You KNOW, your way more excited than THAT. Go say hi." Rachel and Cloe nudge me forward in his direction. I fumble forward and loose my balance and flail my arms.

"Aaaahhh!" Kaden turns around and catches me. "It's too early for acrobatics isn't it?" He smiles at me.

I giggle. "I guess so." He's got blonde loose hair that shines in the sun, and eyes like the blue sky. His jaw line is absolutely perfect and smooth looking. His arms are flexed and I know he's got a six pack under there. I think my heart just skipped a beat. He's holding me the way you would if you just ended a dance like your about to kiss. "Uh, sorry. I guess I didn't realize I was so good at falling." I turn to glare at Rachel and Cloe. They squeal with delight and run off. He sets me back upright and looks me in the eye. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I say.
I've known him for so long already and I really really like him. But my friends always make a fool of me around him.

"Careful kit Kat."

He likes to call me kit kat, and Bambi. IDK y. But I like my nickname kit Kat. I smile at him and reply. "I will this time, promise."

I take a step back and wave bye. And he does the same. Then we both walk away from each other. Time for school.

My first classes STEM algebra and pe were all like the usual but my next class is my favorite, Art! It's the only thing I truly have a talent for. Our assignment today was to make a clay sculpture of our choice. I was working on my Tardis like in doctor who. (Yes I do love doctor who) I just couldn't seem to get the indent of the door and windows right. My teacher came over to see my progress but didn't seem to interested. That or I didn't look like I needed help.

"Doctor Who fan Huh?" I jumped at the voice. I was so distracted by my work I completely forgot Kaden was in my class.

"Wha.. oh, yeah." I blush. I've made a fool of my self twice already. He chuckles a little.

"I am too." He says. "Here let me help." As he reaches toward my sculpture he rests his hand on mine for a brief moment and I can't help but gasp. I quickly catch myself though. He uses one of the wooden tools to my left. Once again bumping against my and giving my goosebumps of excitement.

"Oh, are you cold? Here." he takes off his dark green hoodie and pulls it over my head. Thankfully I was a little cold, otherwise I'd be roasting.

"Oh. thanks, Kaden."

"Anytime your cold, just ask." I can't believe how nice he is. He's like, my total dream guy. He's already made my Tardis look perfect.

By the time class is over I'm ready packed up. I hate having to waste time packing up when I could be walking over to lunch. I'm walking out the door and I remember. The hoodie.

"Oh, Kaden your hoodie."I say.

"No, you hang on to it. You'll need it more than I will." I feel like I might fall over. Could this be love, already?