The News

“Mr. Judah Pharos was found dead in the Hotel Tverskoy this morning. Along with Pharos, the killer murdered the desk clerk, leaving no one to witness. Over to you, Sharon.”

I was watching the local news channel in my hotel in the other side of town.

“Thanks John. Another shooting has occurred at Evan Covmann’s acceptance speech. The shooter was aiming for Mr. Covmann but missed.  The culprit has been caught. It seems Daniel Sidorov didn’t like the news that he wasn’t getting the job as president.”

I couldn’t believe it. Daniel wouldn’t do something that stupid, and if he did he would have gotten away.

An image flashed on the screen: incoming video message.

General Rodriguez appeared on the screen. Rodriguez was Spanish but he was one of the best soldiers in his old unit so the Spetsnaz offered him the position.

“Congratulations on the mission accomplished, and were you watching the news?” the general said in his heavy Spanish accent.

“Yeah, it seems very fishy.” I replied

“Definitely. You have a new mission. The C.R.E.W. is planning to execute Daniel in the morning. Don’t let it happen.”

“Yes sir.” The TV switched back to news.

“And expect heavy rains tomorrow. Frida-“

I turned the TV off and started to prepare for the next day.