Prologue

It was the  Ancestors who made their universe. Hiding all of their creations from those who were proven different. 

Though the Ancestors had made a dangerous universe, one that could damage the other realms if not obtained. And so to obtain the protection of the realms around their creation, the Ancestors formed Clans in their several lands.  

These Clans were placed in the areas mankind referred to as the seven continents. Created to ensure the well-being of man.

Of course, the Ancestors needed more then just the divisions of Clans throughout the lands, but divisions within their Clans people. 

So the Ancestors finished their creation with three Marks.

First creating the Mark of the Owl, made to define one as a member of the Wise. A person who was bound to their lands with the knowledge and understanding of their realm, as well as the realms around them.

Then the Ancestors created the Mark of the Snake, made to define one as a member of the Healers. Those who were bound to the lands with the possessions and knowledge needed for the healing of all being in which were created.

Though, the true protectors were placed last. Created with the Mark of the Dragon, made to define a member of the Slayers. Those bound to the lands with the potential to bring destruction upon the beings who attempted to invade the other realms.

Yet the Ancestors had forgotten one thing.

As their first creations would become stronger in time, while the Clans would forever remain the same. And eventually their precious Clans of protection would die out, and all of their first creations would bring devastation to all.  

Of course, that would not happen for centuries. . .and perhaps when the time at last came, their would be a Clan, or single savior, strong enough to save them all.

But all beings know that is not how the universe was intended to operate.