Chapter 1: Death

I swept the floor in the shop at Anteiku, huffing in boredom.
Anteiku hadn't been as lively since Ryouko, Hinami's mother, had died of cancer. She was always smiling, lighting up rooms when she entered.
She died 2 months ago, 3 months after she told us about her deadly sickness.
Arms wrapped around my neck making me jump. I turned my head to see Kaneki standing behind me smiling.
"It's our anniversary today. Or have you forgotten?" He whispered into my ear.
"I haven't forgotten!" I defended myself.
I pushed away from him and stood face to face with him.
He grabbed my waist and pulled me up against him.
He smiled and I grinned and shook my head.
"Get a room you two!" Kaya laughed.
"Hey! We weren't-"
Kaneki kissed me, still looking a Kaya. She shook her head laughing as Kaneki smiled.
"You guys are ridiculous." Nishiki muttered.
"Come on Nishiki, we need some happiness in this place. We don't have any fun anymore." Kaneki
complained.
I punched Nishiki's shoulder gently.
"Lighten up Nishiki." I told him.
"I don't have to do anything, including 'lightening up.'"He retorted.
"Fine. I give up. Be grumpy. I don't care." I sighed.
Nishiki huffed.
"Whatever." He grumbled.
Kaya rolled her eyes.

"Me and Roma are going out to get food." Enji said, heading for the door, with Roma right behind him.

"Get more coffee beans too!" Kaneki called.
Enji waved his hand to show he heard.

I walked into the back room and put away the broom, and started washing some dishes.
Kaneki joined me shortly after.

Then we closed for the day.

|¤¤¤|

"Yoshimura!" I heard Enji screech.

I rushed over to the door with the rest if the people at Anteiku.

Enji was panting and bleeding all over.

"What happened to you?" I asked as I moved to his side and let him lean on me. I walked him to a chair and started cleaning him up as he told us what happened.

"It's Roma... we were attacked by the Doves in an alleyway. She... I- I don't think she made it."

We stared at him in silence.

Kaya and Nishiki ran out after Yoshimura told them to go see if she was still there.

"They also said they wanted me to live to tell you that Roma wasn't the first to die at their hands. Nor the last."

"Wait a second... not the first? Does that mean-"

"They killed my mom." Hinami said wide eyed.

None of us said anything because we knew she was right.

After a while, Nishiki and Kaya returned with Roma.

She was dead. I gasped and covered my mouth and shoved my head into Kaneki's chest as I cried.

Hinami stood frozen.

"Is this what happened to my mommy?" She asked, horrified.

Roma had large gashes all over her body a big hole right through her chest.

Blood had soaked the floor and made a pool around Nishiki, who was carrying Roma.

"How did you get her here without anyone noticing you?"

Kaneki asked.

"Carefully."

"Get her out of here, before anyone comes into the shop. The rest of you clean up this mess." He said, talking about the blood.

We all quickly got to work cleaning up Roma's blood.

Kaya stopped cleaning.

"No! I can't do this! I don't wanna die! Not that way!" She screamed.

"Kaya, calm down. We aren't going to die-" I tried to calm her down.

"How do you know? You heard Enji! The Doves said they were going to kill us one by one... and what if I'm next. What if your next? What if it's going to be Kaneki or Hinami?"

"Kaya, stop." I said.

"But-"

"No, Kaya please. Go sit down. We'll finish cleaning up." I said.

She nodded slowly, and sat down at the bar.

Once we had finished, I went upstairs to see what was happening to Roma.

Yoshimura and Enji had somehow stopped all the bleeding and we're cleaning her skin around the gashes and the hole in her chest.

Yoshimura looked up.
"We will have a funeral for her as soon as possible. She doesn't have any family close by except for her mother so it will just be us and her mother at the funeral." He said.

"M-may I pay my respects? Alone?" I asked.

They both stood up and slowly brushed past me as I waited.
Once they left, I aproached Roma's corps.

"Thank you... for everything. You didn't deserve to die like this. I promise I will avenge your death. I swear it. I will never break this promise. Ever. They will pay for how you died." I promised. And I had no intention of breaking that promise.

I sat there for a while. I don't really know how long. It felt like hours, but it could have been just mier seconds.

Kaya and Hinami came into the room and sat beside me in silence.

I finally broke the silence by saying, "we should get these clothes off her."

Both of the girls agreed, and we carefully slid off the bloody clothes she was wearing, and put her in a pretty white sun dress.

"She's so pretty..." Hinami said.

A tear fell down my cheek and soon I was crying, on my knees.

BTW. .. I watch Blue exorcist, Puella magi madoka magica, SAO , Attack on titan (all of them ex. Juniorhigh) , fairy tail, black butler, Highschool of the dead, Ouran highschool host club, tokyo ghoul, Durarara!!, and probably more that I just forget

P.s. the ones not in bold are the ones I'm finished.

Comment if u guys watch any of these. I flip out when someone else watches an anime I watch.

Not literally though... I can't do flips.

I pretty much only talk to my friends about anime. I draw alot of it too.

Ok... BYE!
.
.
.
I'm such a BAKA!