Chapter 2: the Funeral

Before I start, I'd like to say I'm really sorry for the long wait, but I'm in over my head. I'm writing 3 other fan fic. Ok. Thx for reading this far anyways.

"Come, Hinami." I said, grabbing her hand gently.

It had been a week since the death of Roma, one of the waitresses at Anteiku. And now we were preparing for her funeral.

Hinami, Kaya and I were preparing Roma.

We changed the white sun dress she was wearing, to a cleaner and more fancy white dress.
I did her hair while Kaya did her make up and Hinami went out with Kaneki to pick some more wild flowers. They had already gone out for some earlier that day, but they gave them to me for Roma's hair.

I put Roma's hair in braids and wrapped them around her head and stuck the flowers in wherever I felt she needed them.

Her hair was messy but not a bad kind of messy. It was pretty.
I had always thought that Roma had the prettiest red hair I had ever seen.

Kaya finished Roma's makeup and sat back in her chair.

Lucky for us, she was already in the casket.

Hinami came into the room bouncing along with Kaneki following more slowly behind. She had a daisy in her hair behind her ear.

I was so glad she was happy, even with all the things going on.

When she came up to the casket, Hinami studied Roma.

"She's so pretty... Touka! You're so good at doing hair!" Hinami exclaimed.

I felt my face get a little warm at the compliment.

"Well, it would have been better if I didn't have to hold her head up the entire time." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"You should do my hair sometime." Hinami said.

I smiled and nodded.

"And Kaya, you have to do my makeup some time." Hinami ordered.

Kaya straightened her posture and put her hand to her forehead like a soldier.

"Yes ma'am!" She said loudly.

We all started laughing.

Hinami took Roma's hands and shivered.

She put the flowers into her hands and layed them on her stomach.

"Now we have to get ready. Come on Hinami, let's go get fancied up." I said.

"I don't think 'fancied' is a word, Touka-chan." Hinami giggled.

|¤¤¤|

Hinami was wearing a white dress with pink flowers. It was Roma's favorite dress of Hinami's.
I put four cornrows in her hair.
(Look it up)
I

was wearing a dark purple dress that was tight at my chest and flowed down and ended just above my knees.
I just let my short purple hair fall onto my shoulders.

Kaya wore a red dress that was very similar to mine, but her had a lace back.

(I'm sorry this is so boring)

The men were wearing suits, black suits.

I slipped on my purple flats- I'm not a big fan of high heels- and went outside where Yoshimura, Enji, Nishiki and Kaneki were waiting I'm two separate cars. I went with Enji, Kaneki and Hinami, and the other three went in the other car.