chapter 1

**this idea was a group effort thanks to cod and haddock;))))

as dan walked walked down the cobbled streets of wales, he reflected on the gradient of the downwards slope is life was headed in. he had acquired a great deal of knowledge yet, he had only come to realise that absolutely no one gave the slightist shit about the angle of incidence of a triangle. in fact, nowadays, no one really cared about triangles in general. he felt bad for triangles, they were his favourite shape, yet squares seemed to have stolen all the spotlight. he also felt bad for pythagoras, the guy who wasted his whole life learning stuff about triangles that would amount to pretty much nothing anyone cared about. but most importantly, he felt bad for himself. he, who had spent his whole life devoted to shapes and numbers, in fact he was more attracted to maths than he was to women! (we will come back to this)

so as he walked (clenching his butt as he did so), he decided to make something of himself. as well as maths, he had a great interest in game shows, general knowledge and the guy that hosts the chase. He had always been dan's greatest hero, and the man he looked up to. And he had welsh ancesetory, and dan loved anything welsh. he was deep in his trail of calculated thought when he caught a glimpseTM of the most beautiful house he had ever seen. It had a large triangular roof with and almost perfectly crafted triangular base, with triangular windows and a triangular door. It was PERFECT! at first sight, it made him think of his friend rob. Rob was the only person dan had ever known other than his mum and dad, if you even want to call him a person... he rushed towards the price tags and hopefully looked, even spurring himself on as he did so: "come on Dan!!" he shouted to himself, as he ruffled his hair melodramatically.

he laughed. and this laughter turned into a steady stream of tears as he foresaw that the gradient of his life had taken a dramatic downwards decent, the percentage of negativity had risen by 34857439859276%, to what was an already depressing livelihood. at times of distress and misery, he looked to rob, and clenched rob, squeezed rob, embraced rob with open arms and sweaty palms. yet,this misery was to some avail, he finally had an ambition and was no longer walking through life with his head in one hand and his bum in another. He wanted to get a job! he checked on the news paper, but realised that it was all in welsh. he prayed to buddha to give him access to this foreign/native language that he needed to know to get a job. buddha pitied him and granted him his one wish: he read that there was a job opening at a small girls school in England. Girls. That was a touchy subject for dan but he decided that he was desperate to get that perfectly crafted house for rob and him.