Chapter 26

--Louis' POV--

 "What test?" I asked.

No response.

"Ariel, what test is Elyse talking about?" I heard my voice rising.

Still nothing.

She looks sick to her stomach... Literally. Her hands are over her stomach like she's holding something...

"Ariel, what happened last night?" I moved closer to her.

"Nothing happened, Louis," she finally spoke.

"Bullshit! What happened?!" I started shouting, making her flinch a bit.

"Louis, I'm telling you the truth. Nothing happened last night," she said, surprisingly calm but still nervous.

I looked in her eyes to see if she would give in, but it didn't seem like she was lying. There's still something she's hiding.

Positive? Negative? What the hell does that mean?

"I still want to know what test Elyse is talking about, Ariel," I said sternly.

"Then you'll just have to be left with disappointment because I'm not going to tell you," Ariel said, clearly annoyed.

"Ariel, your mum wanted me to watch you and make sure nothing happened to you. She's coming home tomorrow and what do I tell her? 'Your daughter is acting weird and she won't tell me why'?" I sarcastically asked her.

"You can say whatever you want, Louis. I really don't care," Ariel said, completely emotionless. Why is she being so stubborn?

"So if I tell your mum that you took a tes-" she cut me off.

"NO! You can't, Louis, please!" She pleaded. 

"Why can't I tell her?" I asked, my voice lowered, no longer echoing in her house.

"Because you just can't, ok? Please, Louis," she looked like she was going to cry.

"If you tell me what is going on, I won't tell your mum, deal?" I said, trying to come to a compromise.

"No, that's not fair," she said, a tear rolling down her face.

"Fine, but I'm not going to drop this subject so easily, Ariel. I won't say anything to her. But I expect you to tell me, whether it be now or a year from now, ok?" I gave in, looking at Ariel's face, making my heart break into a million pieces.

"Thank you so much, Louis, really," Ariel said, relief washing through her as I saw her relax.

I nodded as my answer, and we both walked back to the kitchen.

Positive? Negative? I really need to stop thinking about that.

I sat down at the dinner table in her kitchen while I watched her, and she was looking at the ground, uncertain if she should talk.

"What have you been doing during the week since you weren't in school?" I spoke, looking away from her.

When she didn't respond, I looked back at her - she was shaking nervously, staring back at me. She looked terrified, and I didn't know what to do.

"Ariel?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Ariel's POV--

What am I going to say to him? 'Well, a day or two after you told me you didn't want to watch me, Jake came back and raped me! OH, and I might be pregnant with his baby!' Yup, I should totally say that!