{w} The Big Collab 2k16! (closed)

Hello everyone! I'm so psyched to announce that for this contest, we (nomorescars) are collaborating with Project-ED, ProjectWomanUp, and official-visible! To give a brief overview of the contest, we are looking for short stories with a combination of one prompt and two plot points from the participating campaigns. If you have questions, don't hesitate to post them down there where it says. I'm so so excited to see what you're all gonna write! The rules are below as well as the plot points. But most importantly, have fun!

_____________________

This is a contest collaboration official-visible, ProjectWomanUp, @nomorescars and Project-ED. Those who enter will write a short story based on plot points and prompts from our campaigns.

RULES

A short story up to 3500 words

Submitted between July 15th 12:00 [UTC] and August 15th 12:00 [UTC]

Tagged with #TheBigCollab2k16 and whichever campaign's tags you choose. (#visible, #projected, #nomorescars, #projectwomanup)

Please also post your story on one of the campaign's chapters by linking it in the comments [on mobile, do this by opening Wattpad in your browser and copying the link]

Each campaign will have a plot point and a prompt that you will have to choose from.

Everyone who enters needs one prompt and two plot points, each from a different campaign. So, for example, you can choose nomorescars's prompt, Project-ED's plot point and ProjectWomanUp's plot point or official-visible's prompt, ProjectWomanUp's plot point and nomorescars's plot point or any other combination.

official-visible

Plot Point: Your main character realizes that their disability/illness doesn't have to hold them back.

Prompt: Someone close to your main character thought was your friend/ family tells you that you are faking/ making your disability/illness appear worse, for the sake of attention.

[Examples of disabilities or illnesses can include depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, autism (or anywhere on the autism spectrum) and more.  For more information, check out WebMD's list of mental illnesses (Linked in the comments) or the account FreeMentalIllness's book 'Types of Mental Illnesses (also linked in the comments)]

Project-ED

Plot point: Your MC has to do a school/college/work assignment/project on an eating disorder and they slowly come to terms with the fact that they have that eating disorder.

Prompt; Someone close to your MC is diagnosed with an eating disorder.

[Examples of eating disorders can include anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, body dysmorphic, binge-eating, and more.  For more information, check out Healthy Place's List of Eating Disorders (linked in comments) or Project-ED's book 'A Guide to Eating Disorders' (also linked in the comments)]

@nomorescars (us)

Plot Point: Your MC gets angry while scrolling through social media and finding posts that glorify self harm.

Prompt: Your MC finds out that their best friend is struggling with self harm and must decide whether or not to tell someone.

[Examples of self harm can include cutting, burning, banging head or hitting something to inflict harm on oneself.  I'm assuming since you're seeing this from our page, you have a basic idea as to what self harm is, but if you need inspiration, check out Addiction Help Center's 'Types of Self Injury' (linked in the comments)]

ProjectWomanUp

Plot Point: [TBA]

Prompt: [TBA]

WINNERS

The winners--3-6 people will be selected to go through to the final round, receive feedback on a story of their choice (reading, voting and the odd critique from us) and a shout out from each of the campaigns.

The winner of these three to six people will be judged by the lovely (have you heard yet?), and receive feedback on a story of their choice, a shout out from each campaign/project, be a Featured Author in #visible's official book, be featured in one of Project-ED's books as well as a REAL LIFE prize of a well-being box, created by #visible, full of things to make you smile.

You can enter by linking your book in the comments. Have fun!

Note: You only need to submit once.  Meaning don't submit in everyone's contest book:)

_____________________

FAQ (POST QUESTIONS HERE)

If my character harms themself but it's an impulse disorder, can my entry still qualify for nomorescars?

To qualify, the story must include self-harm with the intention of inflicting harm on whichever character is doing it. For example, while a character who cuts themself with the intention to hurt themself would qualify, a character with trichotillomania (trich) who pulls their hair out of impulse and not to purposely hurt themself would not qualify in support of this campaign.

_____________________

NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS; WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

Note: You can only do in-line comments through mobile.  If you do not have the app, you can just post a link as a comment and it'll still count, but the in-line thing is most helpful in trying to keep organized:)

_____________________