Softball Player (Part two)

Maybe her days of being a flirt were over..

Lauren's POV

I couldn't believe I invited Camila to my home game. It felt weird at first, but it just felt so right to do.

Don't you ever have that feeling or instinct even, that everything turns out better if your love ones are there to support you? Like, they have to be there in order for you to do great. And that was the thing with Camila. If felt right, even if I didn't know her. But that wasn't completely true, I knew who she was. I knew her name, and that was the only thing that I needed to know for me to be pulled into her. It was like gravity was pulling us together. And as cheesy as that sounds, it felt right. It felt correct.

Camila was different.

She was different from others. She kept to herself and it was quite addicting to figure why she kept to herself. She was addicting, yes. She was like a rose, beautiful but dangerous to touch. She was pure, everyone knew it.

She was beautiful.

She was indeed beautiful. From top to bottom. I would die if she was ever mine.

But the world is so fucked up at the moment, that liking the same gender is wrong and illegal. The elections made us fear for our rights.

[][][]

Camila's POV

Lauren invited me to her home game. I couldn't believe it.

The school biggest flirt, just asked me to come to her home game.

But that doesn't make any sense. The old Lauren, getting a soft spot? For me? No, don't be silly Camila. She probably just wants pictures for the school year book. And that's my job isn't it? To take pictures?

But I only take pics of art.

The fact that Lauren has changed a little, makes me wonder if we could ever be friends.

I always took a liking into Lauren. She was different. She is different.

And that's what I like about her. She's never afraid to speak her mind, or stand up for what she believes. And that's what drew me in.

Maybe I'm supposed to show her what art really is.

[][][]

I walked out toward the softball field. It was kinda crowded, given the fact it was their first home game against Los Amigos High School. Los Amigos was pretty good, but we were better, having some of our water polo girls play softball. JV was finishing up their game, but it didn't really matter if I took pictures of JV or not, since someone else was in charge of that task.

As the last inning finishing up, Varsity was half way through their warm up. I spotted Lauren warming her hands, buy throwing some pitches to the catcher. I took some pictures of Lauren while her warm up, having zoomed in just a tad to capture her beauty.

Lauren must have felt someone staring at her that she turned around and met me. It felt like as time stopped. My finger was frozen against the camera button. I dared to take some pictures of her. But something inside of me stopped me. Was it fear?

Lauren smiled at me, sending me a small shy wave and a small "hi." Never would have known that Lauren was one to be shy.

I sent her a small wave back and a "hi."

She was going to say something else when her coach called them all back since the JV game has just finished. As expected, Saddleback won, 9-7.

Lauren was quick to go back to her team but before she left she sent me a wink and "thank you."