Excerpt #6

We were sitting close enough to feel each other's warmth without any touch. He overlooked the people behind me before his eyes locked on mine. His hand slowly moved its way under mine, making me grasp him immediately. I looked down at our hands and then glanced behind me to find everyone engaged in their own conversations, making me feel like we were alone in our own little bubble with no one to disturb us. I looked at him again while he played with the back of my hand and placed his other arm around me. I can't describe what we were doing because it isn't something that normally happens between friends, let alone in public. This act of affection, even if it was nothing more but that, made my heart weigh more and skip a beat. The space between us was closing as my breathing shortened. He pressed his lips on my forehead letting them tattoo their essence in the front of my head for only me to feel. Then he snuggled my nose and bit it softly with his lips. He then let his hand slide down my waist and pulling me towards him softly making my back arch and making the space between us none existent. I let go of his hand holding mine behind his neck but not daring to let on. He let his lips slide down my cheek and land next to my lips, only inches away from a promising act. He smiled as he studied my eyes while I was careful not toGive out my desire. He closed in as our noses touched and I could hear his forced gasps escape his parted lips. I could already visualize the masterpiece that could be made by joining this two puzzle pieces.He finally closed in and held my lower lip with his as his eyes slowly closed. And as much as I wanted to let on, I wasn't going to let this be our first time in such catastrophic conditions. I pulled back as his eyes popped open meeting mine. I smiled shyly and shook my head signaling my retreat, and he smiled comprehensively planting his lips on my cheek. I could feel the power of the kiss, like he had poured his heart into my cheek in case he wasn't going to get another chance, but those kinds of things only happen in princess stories. When his lips left me and his arms let go of me I felt a sudden need of warmth, a warmth I hadn't acknowledged I was sensing, something only he could give me.He couldn't love me at daylight so he waited for the darkness to show me the beauties of the night until dawn broke on us.