New Recruits

Judy swung her chair back so it could bump into the back of Nick's chair.

"Yes Carrots?" Nick sighs. Judy twirls and wraps her arms over Nick's shoulders. Nick stiffens up for a bit before relaxing.

"Do you think Jack will come today?" Judy asks.

"Mr. Sausage can do whatever he wants to." Nick replies, grinding his teeth together.

"It's Savage, you dumb fox." Judy jokes.

"Sausage sounds...tastier." Nick jokes in a deep voice. Nick pushes his head back so his head rests in Judy's shoulder. He then licks the side of Judy's face with a smirk.

"Eww Nick!" Judy laughs, wiping off his saliva with her paw and rubbing it against Nick's tie.

"Mr. Savage?!" Chief Bogo roars from the lobby. Judy's ears perk up as she removes herself from Nick. Nick frowns at the moment ruined.

"He's here! He's here! Oh Nick! He's here!" Judy squeals. Nick forces a smile onto his face.

"Apparently so." Nick replies.

"Tell me Nick, do I look alright?" Judy asks, dusting off nonexistent dirt off her police uniform. Nick smiles down at the fussing bunny.

"You look good, Carrots." Nick says kindly down at Judy. Judy looks up at Nick with wide eyes and her ears slowly droop down. A smile comes upon her face and Nick steps forward in a trance. He brings his paw up to Judy's face but gets interrupted by the swinging opening of the door revealing Jack Savage and Chief Bogo. Nick and Judy jump apart in awkwardness. Jack frowns when he understands the gist of the situation happening. Chief Bogo remains hilariously oblivious.

"Here she is, Mr. Savage. Officer Judy Hopps. The best we have. Along with Officer Nick Wilde. Together they make an unbeatable team!" Chief Bogo exclaims proudly and dramatically. Nick and Judy smile at each other before shying off again. Jack frowns deeper before plastering a smile on his face.

"The best, huh? Well, I have a proposition for...both of you." Jack says with difficulty. Nick smirks at his discomfort and scoots closer to Judy. Judy blushes a little bit but doesn't move away. Jack regains himself and smiles.

"For the best of the ZPD, they will have to go through training of an agent, such as I, and when the training is complete, there will be 3 missions which they have to take, then decide if they would like to continue as an agent, or return to the ZPD with high honors." Jack says proudly. Nick and Judy look to each other in shock expressions and look back at Jack.

"And you're offering this to...us?" Nick asks, pointing to himself and Judy.

"Well, I usually only offer it to one person..." Jack says, obviously insinuating that he's offering it to Judy.

"I'm sorry Jack, but you can't just get Nick or just get me. It's both of us or none of us." Judy says firmly as she steps ahead of Nick. Nick looks down and smiles at his partner.

"What she said, Chuck." Nick says smugly while leaning forward and pushing Judy's ears apart to talk to Jack. Jack's paws tighten in annoyance.

"Well then. The two of you report here tomorrow at 7:30 am sharp." Jack replies.

"7:30?! That's like an hour and a half before our usual time!" Nick exclaims. Jack turns to him coldly.

"Well, Wilde, you'll have to get use to it. Now may I have a private word with Ms. Hopps?" Jack says as his tone gets softer. Nick looks to Judy as confirmation if she would be alright. Judy nods towards Nick. Nick nods back and leaves after giving Jack a harsh glare.

"Yes Mr. Savage?" Judy chirps. Jack smirks to Judy.

"No need for formalities. Call me Jack." Jack says with a warm smile.

"Alrighty then."

"Ms. Hopps, I would like to take you for lunch." Jack states. The smiles on Judy's face widens.

"It would be my pleasure! Let's go!" Judy says, grabbing her badge.

"Indeed. Let's." Jack says, putting out his paw and let's Judy put her paw in his. Both of them smile softly at each other before Judy gets hit by a reality shock.

"Oh wait. Let me grab Nick and the three of us and go together!" Judy runs for the door but gets stopped by Jack holding her wrist.

"Does he really have to come?" Jack says, depleted and annoyed.

"But me and Nick always have lunch together..." Judy says with her ears drooping.

"...Fine, he can come..." Jack sighs. Judy's ear immediately pop up as she rushes to crush Jack with a hug. Jack stiffens and Judy realizes what she has done when she flies away from Jack in embarrassment.

"I-I'm sorry!" Judy stutters.

"It's quite alright." Jack says, coughing awkwardly. Cue awkward silence.

"I'm just gonna go get Nick..." Judy says awkwardly.

"Yeah, you do that." Jack says, scratching the back of his head and looking down.