The Runt (1D)

Howls ripped through the night sky and I opened my left eye before I sat up and rubbed my eyes, now why were the wolves howling at the dead of night?

Pushing the thin blanket off of me I climbed out of my hammock and jumped down off of  my tree and locked around, smelling the air - oh...

Okay, Vampire's have been here.

My eyes widened as I smelt smoke and I broke out in a run, my boots slammed against the forest ground as I ran through the trees and burst through the line of tree's and skidded to a stop.

Eyes widening I stared at the village that was in front of me - flames devouring everything as wolves growled and attacked the Vampire's.

Looking past the village I saw the castle that was surrounded by the city in chaos as well.

A cold hand grabs me and I turned and looked at the Vampire and he goes to grab my neck, but instead a wolf tackled him and ripped his head right off. 

Flinching at the sight I turned and ran back into the forest - because I was the outcast, I wasn't allowed to 'defend' anyone before I am the runt.

Running through the forest I knew I had to protect my own home from anyone and anything.

But then I cam across a scent.

Stopping I breathed in deeply before I sprinted silently North.

Getting to the opening I peeked out from behind the tree and saw a blonde haired girl being dragged by a curly haired man.

"Let me go you blood sucking monster!" the girl screeches, making my ears twitch at the sound of her high pitched voice.

"Oh. Shut. Up" he then hits her over the head and knocks her out before he picks her up bridal style, "Thank god - I didn't know the Princess was such a stuck up bitch"

My eyes widened - the Princess?!

I hurried out and over to the Vampire who bared his teeth at me, "No - no, I must do my duty. I won't fight you, I can't. But I have to stay with the Princess"

He gave me a weird stare as I hurried over to him and stared up at the curly haired boy with wide eyes, "I have to serve and protect the Royals, even if it means my own freedom"

"Come on then" he didn't seem to care, and when he turned to walk away from the Werewolf kingdom and off into No Man's land, walking close by his side as I gave the Princess a worried look before I turned and looked forward and started to skip by the Vampire's side - well, at least I'm not being tortured and brutally murdered yet, eh?

"You're a odd one-"

"Never said I wasn't" I looked up at the sky to see the sun rising.

"You're not going to hurt her, are you?" the Vampire didn't speak as I turned and stared at him.

"No promises" before I could do anything he turned to me and kicked me in the stomach. I flew backwards, colliding with something and making my whole world black.