chapter one

WARNING:unedited

Rain is the only certainty in here, you are not allowed to have anything; a memory, an identity, a life and you are not allowed to feel either. The only thing you are allowed to know is rain, it comes down drop by drop reminding you that you are still alive and it helps in counting every breath you still have the chance to have. Any wrong word or move and you won't see the next rain fall.

My thoughts were jumping upside down when I heard the only voice I know; the voice of my commander.

''4910 report to the headquarters you have been requested there''

4910 four numbers represent who you are, they are not exactly numbers but a code for your name and birth number, only highly trained soldiers like my commander can know their code meaning.

I started to move without saying a word as you are not allowed to say anything unless you are requested to.

This place was made to be impossible for anyone to enter , it is built underground with sensors everywhere and cameras covering the whole place, if the leader can't see with the cameras he can detect you using the sensors as every one of us has a special blood detector that was implanted in his blood on birth, to make sure you are never going to leave until you are a dead body.

The sensors identify your detector and allow you to move along the tunnels. In the beginning, middle, end of each tunnel there is a bullet-proof door that has three cameras, a sensor, two guards, even the door is not opened without your commander permission, our leader is settled in the right part of the tunnels no one is allowed to go there even the commanders and now I am asked to go there. That can never mean a good thing, it only means that I am a dead man.

This place is impressive, I thought technology rolled over our part, before I entered a machine tested my blood to check the date of injection of the detector, then another took my finger print, my DNA sample, and finally let me in.

I had to go over those procedures four time before I reached a place guarded by six strong looking men one said;

''4190''

''yes, sir''

''the chief would like to talk to you, give your weapons, identity card, and then go to the check room''

I did as I was told, then a ray filled the whole place, for a moment I thought that was it, that how I will die, it is not as I always thought I would; maybe in a battle field or by poison or in a mission but not here, However. It is still better to die than to live like a machine designed to kill and follow orders.

''don't be scared 4910 this is just x-ray beam to check you are clear''

A voice I have never heard said that silly thing; scared I have killed too many people that I lost count off, death is my only friend and is the only one I would really like to meet soon.

Our leader is not as old as I thought he would be, he is about 40, tall, well-built, tense jaws, light green eyes that have tenderness in them that shouldn't be there.

He had a big smile that till you that everything is fine and you are save, and ironically he is not lying.

''have a seat soldier''

I did wondering why me and what will happen now

''I can see that you are worried about me calling you and wondering why you and what will happen now''

Is he a mind reader because if he is I am in a big trouble

''I am not a mind reader if you are wondering I am just old and know people too well; something that you pick living here and there your whole life''

''Did you hear about the TRC before''

TRC who didn't, they are the only people that know that our organization exist, they are a highly group assigned in the government, they take part in making the big decisions, they can order your murder without you doing anything wrong, they just don't like you and no one ever has the strength to stop them.

''I can see you did''

''yes sir I do''

''very good, they are sending a team here of their leaders to give the authority to the new becoming leader; the son of the hamingons; of course you know them''

''excuse me sir, what has to do with me''

''yes to that point, they have requested a soldier to show them the place, they want to add security stuff, and who knows maybe you will get a promotion''

Security stuff that is ridiculous in too many ways, first TRC doesn't care about us, secondly we already have a security system that is impossible for anyone to break, there is something he is not telling me

''soldier you may go now''

''yes sir''

I thank god that he didn't read me wondering or maybe he did and ignore it, anyway I am lucky to leave alive.

I returned to my room and too many questions are crowded in my tiny brain, why they choose me? What they really want to do here? How come that man that I am certain is too fragile is our leader? What is he hiding?

Maybe I had too many question but I was sure about one thing

That visit won't be good anyway, and I am in danger.