Chapter One: The Beautiful Night

‘’Yeah!’’ screamed a boy spiraling through the air as his 3D Maneuver gear hooked itself back into place. He flew through the air, allowing himself to cut through the wind easily. This boy is a vibrant male who appears to be in his late teen years. He has short, darkened, hair matched with darkened sapphire colored eyes he uses as orbs of vision. All of this as well as fair skin.  His years in the academy has made him have a athletic build to his body that is easily noticeable to many. One scar is attached to his body features from a fight that he had had during his years in the academy although it is covered by his attire. His height is taller than normal soldiers, and weighs a bit more as well. He is just your average human by sight.  His clothing is simply the standard red suited attire that he was informed as he graduated. A symbol of the Survey Corps is attached to his red attire as well as maneuver gear attached to his hips by strap. His feet are covered by pitch-black boots with steel-toe footings. No more visible scars are on his body.

  As he flew through the air, his hair simply flew backwards, gracefully dancing in the wind. His sea-blue eyes cut through the darkness as he went nicely through it with his body as well. A smile was apparent on his face, obviously enjoying the moment. The blue orbs began to gaze at different directions, observing the area. He took in all the surroundings around him, keeping it a great memory in his head. Then, once more, the 3D maneuver gear activated once more, launching itself forwards towards a wall of a building. His upper body flew back as well as his legs as his body was flung forwards by the maneuver gear. During that small period, his Survey Corps badge flashed in the moonlight. It had looked to be the most delightful night that could be seen to humanity.

His younger sister followed close behind, flying gracefully through the air. Her long black messy hair flowed behind her almost as if it were a whip. This modest young lady also appeared as a teenager, she is averaged height and weight, but is abnormally pale skinned. She has hazel colored eyes that shine in the moonlight as she followed her elder brother graze the night skies. Her small petite body easily moved through the air carefully and gently making the 3D maneuver gear easy to use. She wore that uniform of the Survey Corps in which she was given at graduation alongside with her gear that allowed her the ability to escape hostile targets. She had been second in her class right next to her elder sibling and had always been second. Her disease had kept things that way.

She had contracted the disease a few years back, Tuberculosis. This was before her and her elder brother had actually became students of the academy. Once they had joined, she had always had the effects of this disease and it worried her brother, but it was okay with her. She would rather worry about the other soldiers risking their lives in the battlefield with titans surrounding them. She is receiving medication and has been ever since she had accumulated the disease. Although, it has only backed-up a small amount. It still has terrible side-effects on her as she trains or fights. On the other hand, some days are better than others.She did not get the vaccine for this particular disease as a youngin and now, is suffering through it.

 The young sister finally caught up to her elder brother, being flung back as she was propelled forwards from the maneuver gear. The wire retreated back to its holster as she grazed in the sky near her brother. She felt a small cough coming, so she covered her mouth with one of her unneeded hands, then coughed. A small amount of blood came from her mouth towards her hand covering it, making a small blood mark on her hand. She would then look towards her brother, looking as she usually did. It was not strange that she coughed blood, but her brother still worried. “Hey, sis you okay?” The elder brother turned his head slightly eyeing the blood in the palm of her hand. “Yeah, I’m fine Hakai, it’s nothing.” Hakai slowed his pace a little and turned to face her. “Kiyoko, it’s not ‘nothing’, this is everything. It’s your life we’re talking about.” He began to raise his voice slightly at his younger sibling. “Please,” he began lowering his voice slowly, “tell me the truth.’’ He gave a worried expression on his face as he said this. His sister simply smiled and said, “I’m fine, don’t worry about me.’’ He studied her faces for any signs of lying, but found none, yet he still knew that smile was fake. She did the same thing each time this would happen, smile and say everything was okay. Each time he would frown in response and wait for her to change her mind and to say she was wrong, but it never came.

They would release their gears once again to a near by building, allowing themselves to be flown forwards by the pressure of the wind crashing on their body. They cut through the air swifty, making it farther than before. They still kept the same pace. “I told you, I am fine,” Kiyoko said in a more annoyed tone, she was obviously getting pissed with the whole situation. Soon after, she once again, used the gear attached to her hips. She flew ahead of him, not paying attention to what he said afterwards. Hakai reached out his hand for her as she flew through the night, but it was too late. She was indulged by the surrounding darkness of the area. He quickly used the maneuver gear once more, attaching the wires to some nearby houses to propel forwards in order to catch up with her. Once the gear had attached, he flew towards her.

  He cut through the darkness, finally reaching her. It was a bit blurry for some odd reason. He finally caught up to her and looked towards her. He gave a look of sadness. She gave on back. They were both passing by a building as they started hearing their maneuver gears crash. They both quickly looked down. “What the-” they both said together in harmony as they had realized they had forgotten to put in new gas for the high-tech machines. A loud crashing noise occurred in front of them and they quickly tilted their heads. A fifteen-meter class titan made it’s way to where they were landing. “Shit!” The older brother screamed as the titan turned towards the two. A terrifying smile on it’s face as well as slanted eyes. It had looked like a partially roasted large naked male with no sign of sexual reproductive organs on it’s body, yet you could tell it was male from the face and hair. It’s mouth opened, making a terrifying sight for the two helpless soldiers. They had fallen into the dark pit of the titan’s mouth, screaming their lungs out.