Untitled Part 13

Chapter 24

The news reported the jewelry heist and stated that an estimated 1.5 million dollars in jewels had been stolen. They all thought it was an exaggeration until they took some of the jewels to the Italian jeweler who estimated that some of the watches they'd stolen were worth thirty and forty thousand dollars. The jeweler took as much of the jewelry off their hands as he could, without drawing suspicion to himself. About one fourth, at half of its value.

There was no rush to unload the rest of it after that they had stung the biggest lick of their criminal career, all right under the nose of the Pontiac police. Money problems were officially a thing of the past. Stink kept a lot of his jewelry for himself, giving Naomi a ten thousand dollar bracelet and a pair of 2 carat diamond earrings. JT bought a Cadillac Escalade and threw some twenty-fours on it.

Scurvy copped a Q-45 Infinity and paid off all his street debts. This opened up communication with all the hustlers who could afford to take some of the jewelry off their hands at a reasonable price. Some paid in drugs, some paid in cash, but within a month's time, they had gotten rid of almost all the jewelry without getting hot. They had been partying all week for the fuck of it, so when Stink and JT's birthdays rolled around, they just kept the party going. Ménages, strip clubs, trips out of town. By the time Stink's birthday was over, he couldn't even get out of bed. He slept the afternoon away.

Every once in a while, he would roll over to catch Naomi's evil eye peering at him. She wasn't happy one bit. Things were going good at first, but now he seemed to be trying to shower her with things to replace time spent. There had already been nights Stink didn't come home at all, and lately, he seemed to have no consideration for her feelings and the deal breakers she had laid out.

He finally woke up around eight o'clock that evening. He asked Naomi if she cooked anything.

Her answer was, "Pshh."

She avoided him most of the day, staying in the bedroom with her baby, hoping he would get the hint that she was pissed and stay home. She had given up her whole life in Columbus for this bullshit. She didn't care about how much money he had. She knew he was about money from the moment she laid eyes on him, but she never led him to believe she was impressed by it. She wanted loyalty more than anything, and was beginning to think she was looking in the wrong spot for it.

After an hour or so of the silent treatment, Stink knew something was up, but didn't have a clue as to what it could be.

"Fuck wrong with you?" he asked.

"Are you staying home tonight?" she asked.

"Come on man, you know it's JT birthday. Look, I promise after tonight, I will spend the next week with you, and I'll start back coming home early every night. Tonight is just gonna be like one last night on the town. You don't understand what we been through to get here. Everybody understands that tomorrow ain't promised, so we just want a chance to enjoy this shit as a team, you understand?"

"No, I don't understand. I thought that's what you been doing for the last month. And what's your idea of enjoying yourself? Cheating on me? Coming home too drunk to even be behind the wheel of a car?"

"You may be right about the drunk driving, but I never cheat when I'm out in the streets. That's not what this is about." he lied.

Truthfully, it was exactly what it was about. The six weeks it took for Naomi to heal from giving birth had given Stink time to find some of the baddest bitches with fire pussy and dream head the D had to offer. No way he could just up and stop now, it was a lifestyle. Popping bottles fucking models.