Chapter 10

Peter

Mr. Smee nodded his head after Peter and the pirate agreed on a deal. Mr. Smee would return his friend if the never-aging boy brought him back a Keeper. A Kingdom Keeper.

Of course Peter didn't know what that was; he was from a different world. But, he had a feeling he would know when he saw him.

"Don't tell the Captain I made a deal with you," Peter demanded, pale finger shaking. "Unless you want to be thrown overboard," Peter chuckled at his joke, flying back and into the air, where he flew deep into the shadows of the rocks.

As Peter was flying, he thought, "Where am I going to find this Keeper?" After a few minutes or so, he begun to grow weary, so he flew down to get a good spot on a nearby rock. HIs feet gracefully touched the boulder, and he found himself laying down. Taking his green hat off of his red curls, he set it on top of his face, enclosing himself in a soothing darkness.

Just as he was about to sleep, he heard a familiar splash. He ripped his hat off of his head and laughed as a blond head poked out from under the surface of the water. There was one thing strange about this girl: she had a tail.

"Hi, Peter," she sung, batting her long and gracious lashes. "What brings you here today?"

Even though the boy didn't have any feelings towards the girl, he still found himself blushing against his will. "Hello, Orabelle," he smiled, sitting closer to the edge. His eyebrows raised. "I have a question for you,"

"Anything for you," Orabelle said, swimming closer and putting her small, fragile hands upon the rock and laying her chin upon them.

"Have you heard about any newcomers, lately?"

Orabelle's flirtatious smile sunk like an anchor. "What do you mean?"

Peter didn't know how to explain this without giving himself away. "Any new ships?"

Orabelle smiled sweetly at him. "Not that I know of,"

Another head popped up to the surface, this one dark-haired and skin. Her dark eyes swiveled towards Peter, and then the other mermaid. "Don't listen to this fool," she said, and Peter laughed.

"How are you, Nami?" Peter asked.

"You're looking for a Kingdom Keeper?" Nami asked, ignoring the question. "And they are right above your nose." She grabbed her friend's arm and they swam away, bright tails splashing up clear water.

Right above my nose? Peter thought to himself, scratching his head. On instinct, he actually looked up to see a massive, looming pirate ship above him. And he also saw a flailing body of a girl trailing down.

His feet left the rock as he shot into the air, closing in on the girl, sweeping her into his arms and looking into her golden eyes.

~~~

Sorry for the short chapter! I don't have much time, because my phone is broken...

Don't ask me how, it just... broke. And now I am on my laptop updating and I don't like it one bit. And the updates may be coming late anyways because I got braces 2 days ago and my mouth is sooooo sore! So, I hope you liked it! I honestly love Peter Pan, and I guess by the description of her eyes to him makes it seem... No Spoilers! But, I'm trying to create some drama by adding a love triangle. And I'm not telling you who it's between, although you can probably guess. Thank you for the support!

-ash daddario