Chapter 3

A/N: Okay. Im SO sorry that these last 2 chapters have been so shitty and poorly written. Lately, my life has been so stressful and hectic. I'm so sorry. On this chapter, I was at about 500 words and I just deleted it all. You guys don't deserve crappy writing! So I'm going to write all of this again, hopefully it's everything you expected!

Ymir's P.O.V

I forced myself out of the creaky bed, and put on my every-day clothes. A small feeling of confidence overcame me as I walked into the bathroom, and began to brush my teeth and hair. Not bothering to check where the rest of my family was, I snatched my bag and escaped out the back fence. I began to run, knowing that if I went slow, one of my neighbors would stop to question me, and possibly ask me for a stupid favor that they could easily do themselves.

I entered the big sliding glass doors that connected to the library entrance. This place was my safe-zone. Workers nodded at me, kids stared at me, and the coffee barista greeted me.

"Mocha, Ymir?" The barista asked, punching in the order.

I smiled, and nodded my head.

I sat down, looking at the plants that accented the library. I didn't notice the extremely long line that followed the coffee counter. Most of the people were overweight females who had at least 3 screaming kids. There was one girl who caught my eye. She wasn't like the other ladies, she was average weight, she had medium-length striking blonde hair, and had the most adorable large blue eyes. The girl wore a cute grey sweatshirt with a black skirt, knee-high black socks, glossy steel grey heels, and a singular bow in her hair. It was almost if I was in a trance.  Everything about her was so amazing, I just craved it all.

"Ymir!" The barista called out.

I stared a while longer, but then directed my attention back to the coffee. I stood up and walked over to the counter, trying to make the blonde look at me.

"You okay?" The barista said, squirting caramel syrup in another customers drink.

"Uh, yeah. I have to go." I stuttered, slamming 5 dollar bills on the counter.

Fuck the library.

I ran home, jogging up to my room and pulling out my secret notepad. I began to write.

Blonde hair, about 5 feet, big blue eyes, light eyebrows.

I dropped my pencil, letting it roll onto the floor and under my bed. I walked slowly down the stairs, letting my feet drag. I hoped that maybe the sound of my feet dragging would make some noise and raise questions from my family members.

There was no answer.

"Mom? Dad?" I yelled, stopping in my tracks.

God, where the hell are they?

~ Time Skip to 4 days later ~

"Ymir, get up. We're going to the store" I heard my mom say.

I didn't respond to her, despite me actually hearing what she said.

"For fucks sake, Ymir, I know you can hear me!" She growled, pulling my comforter off my body.

"I'm up, I'm up" I said, beginning to pulling on leggings and a t-shirt.

As we entered the store, I immediately parted from my mother. I kept thinking about that girl. The one with the light blonde hair and sparkly blue eyes. I walked around the food aisles, occasionally picking up snacks to scarf down later on. Looking down at the floor, I felt myself crash into something. I heard something thud to the ground, and another item roll away. I looked up, mentally preparing myself for an angry old man to yell at me, but instead, stood a pretty girl-WAIT. Not just any pretty girl, The pretty girl.

"O-Oh I'm sorry!" The girl shouted, as if she were about to cry.

Before she could pick her stuff up, I got down on my hand and knees and picked up her loose items that had fallen out of her arms. I looked back up into her eyes.

"Don't be sorry, it was my fault." I said with a big grin on my face.

She smiled warmly.

"You know, I think I have met you before" The blonde said, taking her items out of my hands and putting them into her shopping basket.

"I-I think you're right... I've definitely seen you before" I said, trying not to sound like I thought of her every day of my life since the moment I laid eyes on her. The girl rested her cheek in her hand and hummed.

"Well gosh, I just can't think of where I know you from!" She giggled, squinting her eyes shut and smiling.

How can I be subtle when dropping hints of where she knows me from? Can she not remember the coffee shop?

"Oh.. Well I'm going to go get some COFFEE, would you like to join me?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip. The girl chuckled.

"Sure"

"And by the way" I said, facing her straight on. "I never got your name, and you never got mine"

She looked at me, giving a blank, emotionless stare.

"My name is Krista" She added, holding her hand out.

"And I am Ymir" I responded, taking her hand in mine.

And with that, she forgot about her groceries, and I forgot about my mother.

After coffee, we exited out the shop. I turned to Krista, knowing that it was time to go our separate ways until we would meet up again next time.

"So, this is it for now. Krista, I had an absolutely amazing time.." I said, looking down at my shoes and cupping my hands.

"I did too.. I'll be looking forward to the next time we conveniently run into eachother!" She laughed, holding her hand over her mouth.

I waved at her, and she waved back, and we both started to walk away from each other.

"Wait!" I heard Krista yell. I flipped around, eyes wide.

"Yes?" I loudly said back.

"Could I get your number?"

A/N: And there we are! The end of this chapter sucks, I know, but im tired and I wanted to be able to get a chapter out tonight.. I love you, and I hope you're all doing well... I'm also thinking about writing a Cielois fanfic, but I STILL don't have any ideas for a storyline... Oh well! Goodnight (: