Chapter 4

Krista's P.O.V:

            I couldn't stop thinking about Ymir. She was just so chill. The way her gorgeous chocolate hair fell over her shoulders, her freckles that decorated her mocha skin, and her unforgettable dark yellow-brown eyes. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I sighed, knowing that I would have to get up tomorrow for school. I sipped from my matte black cup, letting the hot liquid enter my mouth. Closing my eyes, I imagined the world. It was just me and Ymir. I snapped back into reality, realizing my current confused state. The sleeping pills were always weird. I always went to bed at a reasonable time, around 7-9:30 pm. It was an awfully early bedtime for someone my age, but sleeping was much better than socializing. My pills made me tired one minute, and the next I would be wanting to go out for a run. My mom, dad and siblings were gone, and one of my sisters was working her shift at the bar. It was just me, watching Netflix and cuddling up to my dog as I sketched in my notebook and ate Captain Crunch.

I got up around 6 am and began to pull on my everyday clothes. I slipped jeans and a long-sleeve sweater on and added a black bow to finish off the outfit. I felt refreshed, and  definitely wasn't tired whatsoever. I finished brushing my teeth and hair, and ran downstairs only to see an empty kitchen.

Oh yeah. The family is gone, and sister is at school....

I grabbed myself a poptart and sat at the kitchen table, not even bothering to toast it. Homework was done, chores were done,  and I was completely ready for school. I ran out the door, and drove my mothers car to the high school.

After school, I found myself back at the coffee shop, reading magazines and listening to Hamilton as I waited around for my coffee. It was the same barista from the other day, when I first saw Ymir.

Would Ymir maybe be here today?

Ymir's P.O.V:

I was so confused. Was Krista indicating that she wanted to be friends, or be MORE..? I ran my fingers through my hair. Fucking Christ!

Was the trip to the coffee shop a date? Was it just a friendly meeting? Did she want to kiss me? Did I want to kiss her?? 

I lay in my room. So many mixed thoughts raced through my head, but before I could confuse myself any more, a knock at my door knocked me out of the trail of thought,

"Yeeees?" I asked through the wooden door.

"Ymir, may I please come in? I want to talk to you..." I heard a deep voice say.

It was dad.

His voice was way softer, and he didn't sound angry.

I reluctantly walked to the door, and hesitantly opened it. Without saying anything, dad smiled and walked in.

Wait....Did he just.....Smile?

I couldn't remember the last time I saw my old man smile. Whatever the reason, it made me happy.

He sat down on my bed, and I sat across from him, in his office chair.

"I'm sorry" He stated simply.

I scooted back in my chair and raised an eyebrow.

"Ymir, i'm sorry for me mistreating you for the past few weeks."

I looked at him and thought.

It was true, the past 3 weeks or so he had been super angry and aggressive towards us kids. Of course, my mom never noticed it due to her being shitfaced drunk all the time, but that was probably good, if my dad ever did anything to my mom, she would most likely call the cops and get the fuck out. Besides my dad punishing us more, he NEVER abused us. The other night when he grabbed my jaw was surprising to me, but it was my fault. I talked back, and based on his mood, I should've known not to fuck with him.

"Work has just been very stressful" He said simply.

I didn't know what to say, so I simply just smiled and nodded my head at him.

"Well, I love you. Have a good night, and don't stay up too late" He said, chuckling at his own joke.

I laughed back, and closed the door behind him.

I thought back to Krista. I didn't know if I should call her yet. I don't want to contact her too quickly, but maybe there's away I could see her without actually having to call or text her.

The coffee shop.

But there was one issue; I couldn't go to the coffee shop every other day, and I definitely couldn't go EVERY day. My bank would most likely have a problem with me spending ridiculous amounts of money on coffee. Maybe I should get a job, and then I could buy all the coffee I want! I thought about it.

OR WAIT!

Maybe,

Just Maybe,

I could get a job

at the coffee shop....

(A/N: Aye so this was kind of a silly "fill in" chapter that will lead the way to new parts. I'm so tired right now, so I apologize if my writing seems lazy... AND MY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE 10 YEARS!! I honestly have no excuse for myself, I'm just that shitty of a human being lmao. Well farewell! ily all!)