Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Katie's POV

After we finished eating, we set out to find a car big enough for the 5 of us. We found a rent a car place. Allison talked to the guy who owned the place. He had slicked back greasy black hair and a huge potbelly. He had stubble and was smoking a cigar. I don't even want to describe is clothes, they were so disgusting. Travis held my hand the entire time, so my blush never went away. Allison walked back to us with a satisfied smile.

"I got us a car."

"Cool. Why do you look so happy happy?" Connor asked.

"Because I got the car for free."

"How?" Rose asked.

"We children of Hermes are very sweet talkers and are great at making deals," Allison replies with a sly smile.

"Good job, sis. I don't think I've ever been this proud," Connor said while wiping away a fake tear.

"Haha. Just wait. I'll make you sit between these two lovebirds," she said gesturing to us.

"Haha. Or not. Come on let's go. I call shot gun!"

"Whatever."

We all followed Allison to the car.

Getting in, Allison made sure to separate me and Travis. She put me up in the front near her, and Travis next to us.

"Wait a minute," I said. "Do you know how to drive a car?"

Allison scoffed. "Of course I do. Artemis taught all of us."

"You sure? I mean, you like a twelve year old." Travis said from the back.

"Age and power do not determine each other." Allison replied.

"Ahh. Words of the wise brought to you by Allison, my sis," Connor commented.

"Please refrain from talking stupid...oh wait...that's impossible for you," Allison retorted.

"Ouch. Sis has some bite. Which is worst? Her bite or her bark?"

"My bite can destroy and my bark can kill," Allison sneers.

"Eyes on the road!" I shouted.

Allison swerved the car a bit, almost hitting the truck next to us.

"Oops." she said, shrugging.

"I guess hunters aren't good at multitasking." Connor cried.

"What do you mean?" Allison yelled.

"Well, you seem to not be able to fight with boys and drive a car all at once."

"I can do both perfectly fine," Allison retorted.

"Yeah. Sure. Keep telling yourself that."

Allison growled and pulled the car over. She flung the door open and stormed out. She then pulled Connor from the car and slammed him into it.

"I will not be brought down by a puny boy like you!"

"Well...you have...if...it's getting to you."

Allison pulled away and Connor slumped to the ground. He had a bloody nose but otherwise seemed fine. Travis helped him back in the car. I gave Connor the front passenger seat so he could lay it back. Then I sat in the backseat between Travis and Rose.

"Wow," Rose commented. "She seemed, well, kinda mad."

"Sibling love." Travis muttered.

Allison sped up the car a bit, all while arguing with Connor. Soon, I could see that we were going 90 miles an hour.