ch. 1

"So you want us to dress up as Waldo and play twister?"

Max looked at his confused friend and chuckled, "Yeah, basically. But there'll be consequences, y'know?"

Ian looked at Max with a blank expression, "What kind of consequences?"

"That's where we'll need to get a little creative," Max replied, "Like if you get 'left foot red', you'll get pelted by something or like, punched. I dunno, some stupid shit like that."  As Ian was about to speak, their friend George walked into the room.

"Hey, Max, did you want to start working on a video or somethi-" George cut himself off and looked over to the couch where a striped red and white shirt, along with some blue pants, were laying. He looked over at Max and Ian, "Is that a Waldo costume?"

Max laughed and walked over to the couch, "C'mon boys, let's plan some shit."

  A couple hours later, the guys had decided on some stuff for the video and were now en route to a local store for some needed items.

"Remind me again why we don't just go to a Walmart or something?" Max complained, "These streets look sketchy, George."

"Nah, man, I go to this store all the time. Anyways, it's cheaper than Walmart."

They walk into the small building and are greeted with quietness. George grabs a shopping basket and heads off to an aisle.

Ian has a shopping list of the things they'll be needing, "Okay, first thing is syrup and pancake mix? I still don't understand why,"

  Max laughs and pats his friend on the back, "Oh, I'm sure you'll find out why later."

George puts both items in the basket, "What next?"
After getting some small candles, and rat traps, the last thing on the list is spaghetti.

"There should be some canned off-brand spaghetti around here somewhere," George says.

"I think I found it," Max called out reaching out for it, "There's only like three cans, that's definitely not gonna be enough."

Ian chimes in, "Ask that chick over there if they have any more," He says, pointing to a young woman wearing an apron.

George coughed, "No I think we'll be fine, we can find some other kind of pasta."

Ian gave him a weird look, and then smiled, "Why don't you go ask her George?"

"Nah, I'm good, thanks." George replies, randomly rummaging through some shelves of canned ravioli.

"Oh, so that's why you come to this store 'all the time'" Max laughs, "I'll ask, don't worry George."

He heads over to the girl, "Excuse me," He begins, "Could you help me?"

The girl looks up, pushing her short black hair out of her eyes, "Yeah, of course! How can I help?"

"Well, do you think you have any more of these?" Max says holding out a can of spaghetti, "We're gonna need quite a few," He says pointing back at his friends.

"Oh, sure, I'll go get some from the back." She responds with a smile and walks off.

Both Ian and Max notice their friend staring at the girl walking off and can't help but chuckle, breaking George from his gaze. He awkwardly scratched at the back of his neck and sternly tells them to shut up, only making his friends laugh more.

When the employee comes back with a small cart with two boxes set on top, the boys quietly cheer making the girl smile, "I didn't know how much 'quite a few' was so I hope this is good enough."

"This is great, we'll take both boxes, actually." Max said picking each box up and handing one over to Ian, "Thank you."

The girl smiled, "Not a problem, you guys have a good day."

With the guys wishing her a good day as well, they headed off to check out and were soon out the store doors and back onto the streets of New York.

"So was that girl like the love of your life?" Ian asked George, "Do I sense a sappy love story here, George? I can't wait to hear it."

With a laugh, George responds jokingly, "Yeah, totally. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her restocking some tomatoes."

His friends laughed with him, not knowing that he was actually speaking the truth. Well, maybe not about the tomato part, but mostly about the love part. It's a long story actually.

It all started a couple years ago when George was a new resident to the city of New York....

///////////

wow cool i'm really good at this
i'm sorry, this story is like an award winning story in my head but like i'm trash so sry
idk man should this even be third-person or first-person or like an x-reader version
should i even try omg
anyways sorry about all of this maybe someone actually didn't 100% hate it ?
sorry for talking so much, but yeah cool,
bye ¿