Z E R O

"When you keep on finding someone better, you will also keep on leaving someone who might be the best

"When you keep on finding someone better, you will also keep on leaving someone who might be the best."

____________________

The plane ride to New York was bumpy. There were many rainstorms to travel through. Shawn ran his fingers though his hair before reclining his seat in the upright position. His wife sat to his right, a small blanket wrapped around her as she quietly snored. Shawn let out a small chuckle before getting up to grab a water bottle.

"Last few shows bud! How do you feel?" Andrew came up behind him with his hands on his shoulders, shaking him a bit.

"I'm nervous, I'm nervous."

"Have you talked to-"

"No I haven't." Shawn opened the small fridge and pulled out his hydro flask. He twisted the cap off and lifted the flask to his lips. "I don't even think she knows I'm coming."

For some reason saying her name made Shawn felt a sting in his heart. His best friend for years and he broke her; lost complete contact with her when he thought she would be the one he'd keep around for the rest of his life.

Andrew sighed and rubbed the back of his neck as Shawn proceeded to drink his water. It had been almost a year since they've spoken. Since Shawn had left.

"Well get some rest man, and quit blowing up the fucking bathroom. Shit smells and I didn't happen to bring any febreeze along with me."

Shawn's cheeks were puffed out with water as he smiled.

-

She pressed the glass door in front of her with her hand as she held a small pink car seat in the other. Camila had been discharged from the hospital a few days ago and as painful as it was - the new mom thing wasn't going to slow down her daily trip to the local library. Besides complete exhaustion, the amount of bras thrown out due to smelly milk leaks, and the countless diapers she's changed; Camila's life had managed to stay the same.

"Well Layla, I parked a bit away." Camila placed the car seat on a bench and readjusted the pink blanket that Layla had managed to squirm out of. The wind grew a bit stronger blowing back Camila's hood. "I'm sorry baby, it's a little chilly. I'll try to walk as fast as I can."

After fixing her hood she proceeded to lift the car seat and walk down towards the parking garage. It had taken Camila months to save up for a car although she never really thought she needed one since she enjoyed walking, she figured it would be best for her and her new daughter.

Camila took a quick glance at her daughter who was slowly beginning to fall asleep. She smiled and chewed on her bottom lip; still keeping the old habits she had a year ago. Every look at Layla reminded her of certain days throughout her pregnancies, to the night she found out, and to the night Shawn Mendes had left her hopeless.