Chapter One

"Hey Taylor, you ready?" My best friend Hannah calls from the living room where I had her set everything up so that I would look great for that night's concert. I had finally gotten a large gig for my band, and we were psyched.

"Almost, just a minute!" I smiled at myself in the mirror, twirled in my satin above the knee-length black and red dress. The red corset at the top fit perfectly, and there was no way it would fall down my boob-less chest. The black skirt had a tight fit, which gave it a not too slutty but clingy enough look. My choker necklace looked absolutely perfect with the outfit, and my killer black knee high boots that laced up all the way fit my calves perfectly, and made my legs look great. It really flaunted off my ultra-pale skin. I looked bad ass already.

"Okay, i'm ready!" I charged down the stairs and slid onto the bar stool in front of her.

She smiled at me and shook her head.

"What?"

"I knew you would get here some day. You have that... light to you. You can just tell that you are ready for it, and it makes me a little sad."

"What, why?"

"Because I won't have to deal with your annoying self every day."

I roll my eyes. "Thanks. Can you do my make up and my hair now?"

She laughs her beautiful soprano laugh that always makes me think of water lilies on a pond. "Sure."

She gets to work on painting my face and messing with my hair and I start going over the lyrics I was going to perform that night. When she is done and shows me what I look like in the mirror, I can hardly believe that it's me. I actually looked... beautiful. My hair is curled and frames my face, my bangs hang around my eyes and fall down my face in loose ringlets and end right by my mouth, my skin looks flawless, my lips are painted a burgundy and brings out how full my lips really are, my cheek bones are highlighted and slightly contoured to look a little deeper, my eyes are done in a really pretty smoky look, and the blue of my eyes are so bright that I swear you could see it a mile away. I jump up and hug her.

"Thank you Hannah!"

"No problem. Everyone should see just how beautiful you are tonight. Your first big gig... My little Taylor is growing up." She fakes a tear and we both laugh.

"You better head out, you've gotta start setting up, don't you?"

"Yeah... I love you!" I start heading toward the door but Hannah calls after me and I turn around to face her. She hands me a box and tells me to go. I smile at her and hug her, but something in her expression makes me worried.

____________________________________________________________________________________

The boys are setting up the instruments on the stage while I set up the microphone, and start testing it.

"Test." tap. "Test test." tap tap tap. The echoes of the microphone across the field is amazing... I love the way it sounds. People are starting to fill up the field and the boys and I can't help but smile giddily. I notice that John isn't with the rest of us though, so I go over to Mike and Sam to see if I can help with anything and to check up on them. There's a little skip to my step as I walk over to them.

"Hey boys! Can I help with anything?"

"Sure. We need to make sure our mikes and amps are working. Can you go test them?"

"Of course." I smile at them and I see Mike checking me out again. I laugh and run over to the amps and mikes that are set up in front of their instruments.

"Test" tap. "Test" Tap. tap.tap. I smile. They work. I walk back over to them. "So guys, where's John?"

"He didn't tell you?"

I frown, confused. "Tell me what?"

"He decided to invite someone and he's bringing them to the back stage."

"Oh, who'd he invite?"

"You'll see when John gets back."

"Okay. You guys have the props set up?"

"Yeah. Can you run back stage and make sure the light show is up and ready to go?"

"Yeperdedoodah!"

I go back stage and check on the lights. I flip the switches, check out the sequence and fiddle with the controls a bit. it's all set. As I turn to go back to the front of the stage some one taps my shoulder and i spin around. I wish I hadn't. Memories of the rain, tears, smiles and pure love fill my mind. It's him, standing right in front of me. I feel like it's a dream come true and a nightmare at the same time.