Chapter 1

Chapter one

 The misconception of the word love constantly plagues the human race like an epidemic.  We are all to stuck to move on from the thought that maybe we might not be as loved as we think. Rory Findle was a firsthand witness to the misconception. He had been an orphan for the past 17 years of his life, basically since his birth. He has never known his parents or any family for that matter. The idea of love was a dream to him. He knew that in one year he would be free to go with no one to look after him. He would be out of the hellhole that the city dares to call the orphanage.

 As he lay in bed on the night of his 18th birthday, he wondered if anyone would miss him.   There were a handful of other kids leaving tomorrow with him. With one last stare at the white ceiling above the bed where he lay, he fell into a deep sleep.

***

The hard hit town of New Orleans was no stranger to the word death.  With loved ones dead, 17-year-old Molly Tyler was a mess. She had nowhere to go except to the huge city of New York to live with an aunt on her mother’s side she barely knew. She packed up her few belongings from the rescue sight and told the rescue crew where she needed to go. As she sat in the car going to the nearest open airport, Molly thought of her old life and friends. She felt the tears starting to form in the corners of her eyes. She blinked back the tears and closed her eyes for the rest of the ride.

 While she sat on the plane going to New York she thought of all the people she missed and all of those she loved. She turned away and looked out of the window. She let her tears flow freely. The city of Dallas was growing smaller and smaller in her airplane window.