Chapter 5

Molly rolled over only to find a sleeping shape next to her. With the messy brown hair, it could only be one person, Rory. Her initial thought was what is he doing here, then she remembered this morning. Her breakdowns, and him having to take care of her while she cried. God, she thought, that embarrassing. She decided to leave Rory to sleep while she went to look for her Aunt Kelley. Some Aunt, she thought. Where was she when she needed her? She walked down the creaky old stairs, into the dreary kitchen. It was still raining outside. She looked at the clock on the oven. It read 4:30. That means that it was almost time for them to eat dinner. She searched every room in the old farmhouse for Kelley, but Kelley was nowhere to be found. Molly climbed back up the stairs and turned the corner to her room, only to find Rory sitting on the edge of her bed, shirtless. Again. It wasn't his abs that had caught her eye. It was the strange scars that marked his back.

"Woah," She said, "What happened there?"

Rory looked up. "What do you mean 'what happened there?'"

"What the hell happened to your back?"

"I don't know, they have always just kind of been there."

"Oh," said Molly. She tore her eyes away from him and looked at the floor. She so badly wished that she could just get back in bed and curl up against him. But she barely knew him, so she didn't. Wait, that's what we should do, she thought. She flopped down on the bed next to Rory. "So, what's your favorite color," she said.

"What?" Rory asked.

"Well, you have saved me from two PTSD episodes, I should at least know your favorite color."

"Gray."

"What?"

"Gray. My favorite color is gray."

"Why?"

"It's the color of the clouds on a stormy day." And that's how the day went, questions and answers. Answers and questions.