Only A Waitress

Jade's POV

I stand at the corner of the busy French streets. The clock reads 9AM.
Oh. Almost time for work. I've been a waitress at the ABC Cafe for three years already. Mostly everyone who knows our little town knows the ABC. And it's been a joy working there. I live there, too. I practically own the small joint. The same group of boys come in each day, all planning an uprising in our 'great' nation.

Of course, all I do is serve them drinks.

After buying a few apples, pears, and tea leaves, I head back to the cafe and open up. I turn the sign to OPEN, dust off the bar, set up the chairs, and sit at my station behind the bar with a book.

It's 10AM. Jehan arrives with a bouquet of flowers.

"Bonjour, Jehan."

"Mademoiselle." he acknowledges me. I smile, and dive back into the book as he sets the flowers in a vase. "There. Now the room is brighter." Jehan says, sighing in satisfaction. His reddish and goldish hair shines in the sun, his blue eyes glimmering.

It's 10:03 AM. Coufreyac arrives. "Bonjour, Mademoiselle!" he says cheerfully.

"Hello, Couf. What'll it be today?"

"A kiss?" he asks hopefully.

"In your dreams, monsieur."

"It was worth a shot, Jade." he says grinning.

Combeffere, Bahorel, Enjolras, Gavroche, Grantaire, and the rest of the gang arrive shortly after. I come over to their large table with a napkin to write down their orders.

"Alright, boys... What'll it be?" I ask, tying my apron.

Each being orders a drink. I walk behind the bar and get each beverage.
I begin to serve them, saving the simplest for last.

"And water for Enjolras..." I say, setting down a glass of water. He doesn't seem to notice.

"Thank you... Jace." he says.

I sigh irritatedly. "Jade."

"Right. Sorry." he says. I nod, and walk away, exploring my book yet again. I'm not exactly the social
type. I'm more of a quiet, 'i'll just read my book' kind of girl. I'm 17 in two days. I guess I'm excited. I don't exactly have a family, but... This cafe is my home. Grantaire lives here as well. Right down the hall from my room.

Grantaire, or Grant, as I call him, always gets drunk. He used to get so drunk, he just wouldn't leave the cafe. So I sat and talked to him to pass the time. My talking was his therapy. My talking sobered him up.

There's something about Enjolras that excites me. I don't know if it's the fact that he has no interest in falling in love whatsoever, or if it's the blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. Maybe it's the dedication to this rebellion. But he catches my eye sometimes. It's almost like for that split second, he really sees me... He really thinks he loves me. But we've never had a real conversation before. Just a 'hi', 'goodbye', or 'my name is Jade. Get it right.'

But Enjolras Apollo, THAT'S a name you remember.

HAI
hope y'all like some
enjojade

Or

Jantaire? Grade?

HAHAHAH
GRADE

WTF

[rachel]