Chapter 4

Bryant's POV

I laid down on my bed having a staring contest with my ceiling, drowning out the yelling of my father. I glanced at the sketch I had drawn of Luke and I which I thought was adorable. It was the both of us holding hands and his face was tinted as if he were blushing. A soft knock sounded on my door and it swung open. My brother Mikael stood in the doorway and I scrambled to hide the drawing before he saw it, but I failed.

"What's that?" He asked, closing the door behind him. I sighed and looked at him annoyed.

"Nothing. It's none of your business." I shot back, holding the paper behind my back. Mike started pouting and I frown at him, not giving in to his usual attempts.

"Oh come on! Just let me see it. You know I'm stronger than you and I'll fight you to get it." Mike warned walking so he was only a foot away. I refused to show it to him still and my cat reactions were to slow to realize that he grabbed for the paper. It slipped out of my grasp and I froze in place as his emotion turned to confusion.

"What is this?" He whispered, looking up at me with a concerned look. I sat down on the edge of my bed and placed my head in my hands.

"You already know, it's exactly what it looks like." I replied quietly, looking up at him. His eyes widened and he looked back at the paper.

"Your," he paused, "gay?" I gave him a look of sorrow, and looked away.

"Yeah." I said, and I felt the bed dip down next to me. An arm was placed on my shoulder and I felt it pull me onto a chest.

"I didn't know, I'm sorry. I guess that's a pretty big secret." I looked up at him and sighed.

"Who's the lucky guy?" he questioned smiling at me lopsidedly. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"His name is Lucas, I met him a few weeks ago." I mumbled and I heard him squeal.

"I can't wait to meet him!" He exclaimed, latching onto me like a leech.

"Yeah, yeah. Get out." I responded prying him off of me. He laughed and walked out the door, shutting it as I heard a loud crash from downstairs. Dad must have broken something, again.

~

I heard the obnoxious ringtone of my phone and I grabbed it groggily, placing it next to my ear.

"Hello." I said, my voice was weirder than normal since I just woke up and I heard a laugh from the other end.

"Good morning sleeping beauty. Happy Birthday!" I heard the familiar voice exclaim from the other line.

"Thanks, and I know I'm beautiful." I replied to Lucas, flipping my imaginary hair.

"Get up and be ready at 7:00 sharp, I'm taking you out." Luke demanded, and I imagined him placing his hands on his hips like he normally did when he was bossy.

"Why?" I whined, seeing that it was only 6:00 in the morning.

"I'm taking you out on a date. Be ready by 7:00." Was all he said before hanging up, not waiting for me to reply. My mouth fell open and I froze in my bed.

A date. Like the one where you go with somebody you like, kind of date. I squealed as loud as I could, and I heard Mike groan from the other room. I flew the covers off of me and rushed into the hallway, bursting into his room.

"GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT!!!" I squealed again, this time I ignored my annoying pitch.

"I don't know, what?" he grumpily replied, placing an arm under his head.