Chapter 1

Third POV

Little Lucy sat next to her ill mother in a bedroom with her father. The doctor was on his way to see her. But it seems that the mother's time is almost up.

" Lucy, I have something for you " the mother said softly.

Lucy came closer to her and had tears in her eyes. The father was there waiting impatiently for the doctor.

" what is it mommy? " little Lucy asked

The mother pointed to the drawer next to her. " open that drawer, there's something inside it. "

Lucy did as she was told and opened it to see a dark red heart necklace.

She gave the necklace to her mother but she denied.

" no honey the necklace is for you "

Lucy smiled happily and put the necklace on.

" that necklace is very important to me, and soon to you "
" why's that mommy? " Lucy asked tilting her head to the side a little.

" well Lucy, that necklace holds a special power, it tells you when you find the right one "

Lucy showed a confused look cause she didn't understand what she meant by the ' right one '.

" you see, when I was a young girl, entering middle school. Your grandmother gave that necklace to me. She told me that I could find the right one with that. I didn't take it seriously though. But when I entered highschool, I met your father. He had the same necklace as me. But it soon broke from an accident. " her mother said as she smiled happily.

" what color was it? " Lucy asked, her mother giggled.

" it was a dark purple, the magic is said that when the owner dies, it's supposed to be passed down to your child, or if you don't have one the magic will find someone else. And since your father's broke that means a new one forms "

" you mean no one makes it? "
" nope, just magic "

" Layla! The doctor is here!! " Lucy's father yelled.

The doctor came rushing in and checked her forehead.

" this is bad it's getting worse. " the doctor said

Layla was sweating bullets and was clutching her chest.

" I've never seen this kind of disease before, I'm sorry sir but I don't think she can make it. "

The father gabbed onto the doctor's collar and pulled him up.

" what do you mean? you're a doctor heal her!!!! "

" I'm sorry but I can't if we don't have a cure!! I've tried the basic medicine but it doesn't work "

Layla was now as pale as a vampire and called quietly out to her family.

" Lucy, Jude, it's fine this is just how it is, and I've accepted it....... "

The whole family started to cry as Layla soon passed and they watched her lifeless body.

Lucy didn't know what was going on, she didn't know why her mother wouldn't wake up. She didn't know what it meant to die. She just thought she was sleeping. But her father had to tell her the truth and say that she was never going to wake up. Lucy cried and cried after that. All she had left to remember her mother was the red heart shaped necklace.

_______

Time passes, Lucy has been to elementary school and met her best friend Levy. A quiet blue haired girl that loves to read, she's shown Lucy all kinds of animes, but Lucy loves the Romance ones, like Toradora, Sword Art Online, but her favorite was Kimi Ni Todoke ( a really good one ).

Lucy loves romance, and was inspired by Levy's love for books that she now writes stories. But she's never published one.

Levy soon asked about the necklace Lucy always wears. And tells her about her mother. Levy squeals at what she hears. " Lucy this is amazing, it's like having a soul mate " levy says fangirling.

But the thing is, how does Lucy know when she's found the right one? Is it love? And wouldn't it be awkward if she came up to a guy and tells him that he's meant to be with her?

Eventually Lucy and levy transfer to a highschool later, called Fairy Tail High.

The thing is, Lucy went there because her father did not have a nice chat with the principal when she was at Savertooth high. Levy was there and didn't like it either, so she asked her parents if she could transfer too.

Lucy and levy walk down the halls to their first class since they have the same schedule.

Then she waits outside until her teacher gives her the signal to come in.

" alright class we have two new students! Come on in! "

" Lucy opens the door and stands at the front, with levy "

" Hi everyone my name is Lucy- "
Lucy was interrupted by the sudden shining blue light that covered the whole classroom. That's when Lucy knew, she looked where it came from and saw a pink spiky haired guy.