It's Okay Now || Sawamura Eijun

One-Shot・It's Okay Now || Sawamura Eijun

~ First Person ー Reader ~

~ Word Count ー 2,753 Words ~

[ WARNING : Heavy plot spoilers. Do not read unless you have passed episode 51 to 63 of the anime's season one or chapters 149 to 192 of the act i manga.]

hello ! it's great to see that you've decided to come and read this ! this is my first one-shot of this book , and without further ado , enjoy ~ ! ^u^

♦︎♦︎♦︎

I stood among the audience watching the game. It was the 89th Summer Kōshien Qualifier Finals. Seidō was playing against Inashiro. The bottom of the ninth inning was beginning, and my boyfriend ran onto the field. Sawamura ran out energetically and started yelling to boost the team's morale. As soon as the entire team got into their positions, Umemoto, who was sitting on my left, started cheering for Seidō louder than ever. I started cheering along with the rest of the managers and continued to watch the game intensely.

Inashiro's pinch hitter, Yabe, started Inashiro's last at-bat offensive inning, and I then realized Sawamura's mood changed. I cheered a little louder and might have screamed a bit too, but his expression wasn't changing. His golden eyes were lit with a blue-red fire, and his big idiot grin vanished. It was the first time I had ever seen him with such an expression, and it truly shocked me.

After Yabe's and Kamiya's out, Shirakawa was up at bat. I yelled at the top of my lungs and louder than I ever did before. Seidō was only one out away from going to the 89th Summer Kōshien. Shutting my eyes tight, I screamed to my heart's content. I opened my eyes to see that Sawamura's pitches were getting harder, suddenly, one of his pitches hits Shirakawa on the helmet.

Yoshikawa clasped her hands over her mouth, Fujiwara's eyes widened, Natsukawa's smile faded, and Umemoto's cheers ceased. I gasped and couldn't believe my eyes at all. Then, Shirakawa stood up and howled, and my eyes flooded with tears with complete knowledge of what would happen next. The game wasn't over yet, but we were definitely doomed.

I couldn't predict the future, but I knew that Shirakawa's pinch runner would be the batter before him, his team's fastest player, Kamiya. Knowing Kamiya, he could steal any of the bases any time he wanted to, and that would give Inashiro momentum and tie the game. I silently prayed that it wouldn't happen, but Sawamura's rhythm was gone. There was no one on the field like Sawamura who could fire up the team in one declaration. Yūki's determination, Isashiki's passion, Sawamura's loudness, and such - they all faded. Everyone was fazed and their rhythm was completely off. The Seidō spirit was gone.

The team gathered on the mound in an effort to cheer up Sawamura, but it wouldn't work. Even though I was so far away from the field, the atmosphere at the mound and Sawamura's feelings reached me as if I was standing right there. As if my predictions were the future, Sawamura was subbed out, and the game went downhill, no matter how hard Kawakami tried. At first Inashiro tied, and that decreased Seidō's morale even more. It soon became clear that Inashiro was to win, and they got another run off of the sidearm pitcher.

Even so, Seidō tried to confidently line up, tears overflowing from most players. The score was five to four, Inashiro the victor. I cried along with my fellow managers. We all worked so hard, but in the end, we lost. "Hey! You can go back with your heads high! You only lost to the best team in Japan this summer." Narumiya's words floated through my head. It was what I remembered he said to Sakurazawa High after they lost to his team. They were truly cruel words, but it was true.