Prologue :

"I dare you to turn into a bird and shit on that old ladies car."
   My eyes widened in amusement as I turned to face my friend Peter and lightly hit him on the shoulder. "Seriously? Dude that's incredibly bogie," I remarked "And I don't turn into animals. It's kinda, like, possessing them, you know?"
   He chuckled and tossed his head back, gulping down one of the five cans of soda he'd theft and tossing me one. "Alright, chump. But I totally got you a free drink and showed you my awesome powers. Gotta return the favour, sunshine." he shot back.
    I clucked my tongue, anxiously tapping my short stubby fingernails against my jeans. "Have it your way Maximoff," I stood up, scanning the area for a pigeon or something. A black crow perched on a stop sign caught my attention. "Behold! I present to you, the bitchin' powers of Zuki Langdon." I exclaimed as I stood up, spreading my arms in front of me.
I had tried many times to enter the minds of animals around me, most of the time they included my neighbours cat who'd sneak into my room, rub it's fur on my bed and scratch at my furniture. I nicknamed it Led Nippelin. Little bastard always knew which threads to literally pull.
   I stared ahead at the black bird and focused my energy in order to connect my mind to it's body. My eyes fluttered shut in an attempt to concentrate better on the task. Most of the time I have no clue what I was really doing, usually I just felt a connection similar to that of threads entwining. Or hair being braided together. Or like how spaghetti sticks together. I'm still trying to think of a good metaphor.
   I opened my eyes and