Chapter 7: You're Going Down One Way Or Another

Spencer's POV:

I can't stop screaming. I am yelling so loud I am surprised no one has come to see what's wrong. This can't be happening. He can't die. I need to do something now... and fast. 

I get enough energy to elbow Wren in the middle of his hard chest. He just laughs. I continue but it's no use. It's not working. I get an idea. I use the heel of my shoe and kick him in the shin. He lets out a loud scream and grabs it. Mona's eyes widen and she runs toward me, dropping the gun on the floor. I grab her by the shoulders and push her against the wall. She knees me in the gut but all I do is wince. I step on her foot and grab her by the neck. I push her to the floor ad start to throw punches on top of her. She tries to fight back but she soon just stops. I finally climb off of her and she is unconscious. I fumble to the phone and quickly dial the number. I tell them my location and everything else but I can't take my eyes off of Toby. Wren is still looking at his shin, not even realizing who I am talking to. The EMT's and policemen get here so fast I don't even think Wren knows whats happening. They put handcuffs on him and the EMT's take Toby out on a stretcher. I stay right by his side. I assume the cops are taking Wren and Mona to the police station for questioning.

We arrive at the hospital and they have to take Toby into emergency surgery to remove the bullet and stitch him up. They said he has lost so much blood... That he may not live.. He might be paralyzed from the waist down. The odds of his outcome are not known. At this point anything could happen.

I sit in the waiting room for a whopping two hours until I get any information from the doctors. The finally tell me he is stable but won't be waking for awhile. I can visit him but not for long. I walk into his room and see his lifeless body hooked up to cords and wires. He has a huge bandage wrapped around his waist. My poor baby.. All because of me. I sit beside his bed and grab his hand. I start to talk to him even though he can't hear me.

"Hey Toby... It's Spence.. You got shot by Mona.. And I am so sorry I didn't stop it. I should have been the one to get shot. Not you. You were protecting me and you got hurt. I am so, so, so sorry boo.. I love you more than anything in this world.. I can't live without you.. Please. Please don't die on me. Please.."

I can't finish. The tears pour down my face. I scoot back in the chair and pull my knees to my chest and bury my face into them. I cry until there are no tears left. My eyes flutter shut and I fall into a deep sleep, filled with nightmares of all that has happened over the past few days.

*Sorry for the boring chapter :/ Hope it wasn't as bad as I think it is. More to come soon(: )