The Arrival

Maddie's Pov

I'm dressed in ripped jean shorts and a red tank top. I decided to dress casually. After all, this is summer camp. I'm Maddie, and I'm 12, and this is my first day of dance camp. My dad, Wilmer, says I'm amazing at dancing and I'm his pride and joy. I call my dad Wilmer most of the time just because I'm cool like that. He's really proud of me cause, this summer, I was in Sia's new music video, Chandelier, and everyone said I was amazing at dancing and so talented and yeah. It was no big deal to me, I thought the video wasn't going to get many views, but now it has A BILLION. I can hardly believe it. I've gone on Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, SNL and even opened for the Grammys. I live in a big house in Pittsburg with my dog Sammy, my nannie and my dad, just dad, he and mom had a huge fight and divorced, and I've never met my mom before. She's beautiful, I have this one picture of her that's ripped down the middle, and it's in my duffle bag just so I can look her. I know that her name is Demi, and she's a famous singer, and lives all the way in California, I think. So yeah, that's my life. I'm so freaking excited for this camp though. Dance is my life.

The day is bright and sunny, and I walk off the bus with a bunch of other kids, and there's so many kids OMG. Our duffel bags are thrown into a pile, and I try to pick mine out of the pile, but I can't.. "Hey let me try to help you," a blonde girl says, and she tries to pull the bag out, but has no success. "I'm Chloe by the way. Let's ask that girl, she looks strong, "HEY PONYTAIL GIRL." The ponytail girl whips around, and then pulls my yellow duffel bag out of the pile. "Thanks," I say. "I'm Kendall, it's nice to meet you," she says sweetly. We all walk to the building with our duffel bags when a limo pulls up behind us.

Mackenzie's Pov

I walk out of the limo dressed in a pink skirt and a gray cardigan and high heels. My name is Mackenzie Lovato, and I'm 12, and I live in California with my mom, Demi. This is my first day of dance camp, and I'm so nervous. I'm not the best dancer, I'm mediocre, but my passion for dance is what brought me here. I'm best at acro and hip hop. At home, I dance at the ALDC LA elite competition team. I look around and there's so much dirt. My butler and I did our handshake..I was really close with my mom, but I really wanted to not be seen as "Demi Lovato's daughter" anymore. I wanna be independent. Dancing and singing has been helping me become a person of my own. I'm known as Mack D, and I'm a pop singer. This girl kept staring at me, I ignored and meet this nice girl named Kalani. We started talking a giggling. My butler interrupted and said " Ready for your daily checklist?" "Ready" I replied."Minerals" "Check" "Lip balm" "Check" "Sunblock" "Check" "Fruits and vegetables" "Check, Check" I said with a smile. "Hu" "Check for fruits check for vegetables carry on. "Photo's for your mother, grandfather and of course your trusted butler me. "Check I think that will be all Martin." I said."Uh one more thing" he said and handed me a pack of cards. " I am sure that there is someone here that can whip your tush at poker." "Nah I don't think so." I said. "Mackenzie Lovato" Marva shouted. "Here" I jumped up and said. "Yay. I heard three girls say. I guess there in my hut with me. "Hi I'm Jasmine and this is Jade, and Ruby" She said kindly. "Hi, I'm Mackenzie" I said. "Bye Martin!" I quickly say than run off.