Getting Ready

Demi's Pov

"l'm sorry, l can't handle this." I said to Martin as I paced back and forward. "l haven't heard from Wilmer in over 11 years. Suddenly, l'm flying halfway across the world to... I cut of saying i'm not mature enough for this. lf he didn't make me nuts, i'd be married to him. We did this so we'd never have to see each other. Look at me. Have you ever seen me like this?!" I realized it was a stupid question and said. " Don't answer that. What if he doesn't recognise me? No, don't answer that either. So, Maddie said he was a...a hunk? He was rather dishy. His smile made me go weak at the knees." Maddie came in the room and said "okay, i'm all set, Mom" "Great. Me, too. Well almost." I said looking at my empty suitcase. "Mom, your suitcase is empty." Maddie said. "Oh, right, sorry. Did you speak to your father, Sweetie?" I asked. "Yeah, l just hung up." Maddie said. "He's really anxious to see you." Maddie said. "Anxious-nervous, like he's totally, completely dreading it, or anxious-excited, like he's looking forward to it?" I asked "Anxious-excited, definitely." Maddie said. "Oh" I said.. "He'll meet us tomorrow at the Stafford Hotel in San Francisco."Maddie said. "My, my. That's incredibly soon, isn't it? Well, you run downstairs and get our tickets from your Ant Dallas." I say. "Okay!" Maddie says happily.

Maddie's Pov

"Liar, liar, pants on fire." Martin said. "Shh!" I said...

Demi's Pov:

I paced back and forth several times and then thought of a bright idea. "Martin, l have a ridiculous request. You're more than a butler to me. You're like a loveable brother who happens to wait on us. -Anyway, l was wondering if...? " - l'd accompany you on the trip?" Martin said finishing my sentence. " Would you, Martin? Thank you! l'd be so grateful. You can come just as a friend." I said. "Madam, l'd be honoured. And may l say, as a friend, if l were seeing my ex after 11 years, and l had your legs, l'd wear this little baby. You'll kill in it." Martin said. I giggled and started to pack some more clothes.

Maddie's Pov

I am already packed and I see mom is not any close to finishing. I looked at a comment on chandelier. My heart sinks. Tears flow down my face as I "Omg Maddie has NO talent, gosh the reasons she's famous is because her dad. She should eat less, and stop being a slut with every guy. She's such a fat brat who gets anything she wants and actually gets compliments because people have so much pity on her." Tears run down my face, and I knew what I had to do, but I couldn't let anyone find out..

I grab a razor from the bathroom, and I cut and cut, my arms stinging and bleeding, but I like the way it hurts. Tears run down my face rapidly, I shouldn't be doing this when we're leaving, but it feels so good.. My head is pounding and my eyes close, as the last thing I see is blood...

Dallas Lovato's Pov

I walk in to check on Maddie, and see how her packing is going when I see her sprawled out on the floor, her arms covered in blood. I start screaming "HELP!!" and doors open, and Demi and Martin, and my family, rush in.

Demi's Pov?

I heard Dallas scream, and I panic. I rush into Mackenzie's room to find Maddie on the floor with deep cuts on her arms. My chest drops, and my heart races. Dallas grabs her legs, and I help Dallas carry Maddie to the bed. I put Maddie on the bed as my family, and Martin stare at the scars on Maddie's body...Her eyes flutter open, and I gasp. "Mom?" Maddie says quietly. "Yes babe?" I say gently. "I'm sorry I wanted to do it.." Maddie says. "I know you did," I say. "But you can't. You have to be strong, and will yourself not to do it. Cutting is dangerous, please don't hurt yourself." "They really hurt, Demi.." "I know, let's clean them up," I say. My daughter is just like me, I mutter to myself. I don't want her to be like me. I went through a lot of pain, and I don't want her to go through that. So I'm going to help her. I guide her to bathroom, and she sits down, and I clean up her scars and bandage them up. "Just like you?" Maddie asks. Oh no, she heard me. "Yes, Maddie, I used to hurt myself growing up, and I went to rehab for self harm, substance abuse and bulimia," I say honestly. "You're so strong Mom," Maddie says, and it touches my heart, and I hug her.