The truth comes out

Demi's Pov

My heart melts, my little Mackenzie is turning out just like me.. But she can't something's going on, I've talked to her so many times about, cutting, and other important stuff. Maybe it explains why she's been eating even smaller meals than usual. I know I need to talk to her, maybe something happened at camp? Dallas then leaves to go search for Mackenzie and see what's going on.

Mackenzie's Point of View:

I was sitting alone on the swing and I can't believe after all me and Maddie went through some teenage wannabe is going to destroy it. Meredith comes and sits next to me. "I guess the news came as a bit of a shock?" She says. I nod. "I remember what it was like to be 11, i had my first beau at 11, being in love is a fantastic mystery that takes a man and woman-" I interrupt, "I don't mean to be jerky when you're trying to be all mushy and everything, but l know what mystery my dad sees in you. " You do?" Meredith asked. I smirked and said " You're young, beautiful and sexy. The guy's only human, but marriage should be based on more than sex." Boy, your father underestimates you." Meredith says. " But you won't...will you, Meredith?" I ask. " Being young and beautiful not a crime, you know? And for your 4-1-1, l adore your father. He's the kind of man l always planned on marrying. This is the real deal, and nothing you do can come between us. Sorry, angel, but you are no longer the only girl in Nick Parker's life. Get over it." Meredith said. "lf this is the real deal, then my dad's money has nothing to do with you wanting to marry him, right?" I ask with a slight smirk. "Okay, puss, l am marrying your father in two weeks, like it or not, so don't tangle with me any more. You are in way over your head. ls that clear?" Meredith said. " Crystal." I said.

Maddie's Pov

I'm running through the streets, and I grab my phone calling Mackenzie. "What's up?" I ask Mackenzie. "Maddie, I'm desperate! Dad's getting married!" she says. "What?!" I shout. "The wedding's in 2 weeks, and you need to bring mom herE now." Mackenzie says. "Wait,What do you mean getting married?" "Tie, gown, the whole enchilada." Mackenzie says. "First off you're doing great with my accent. Second of all lf we're getting Mom and Dad back together, we've got to do it fast." I say. "Okay so mom and I are going to a concert tonight, but I'll drop the bomb on her first thing in the morning!" I say. " OK, thanks. And, Maddie, hurry!" Mackenzie says. "Okay, I will. I said as I hung up. I turn around to go back home, and there's Dallas. "Uh-oh." I said, while mentally slapping myself in the face. "Let's take a walk, and you can tell me what's going on," she says putting her arm around me. So I tell her everything

Demi's Pov

I'm finishing up a phone call when Mackenzie walks into my room still in her pajamas. Okay, this is my time to talk to her about her scars that I say yesterday. But first I smile at her. "Hey honey come in. I was thinking we could spend the day going shopping after lunch," I say. That sounds amazing, but I have to go out of town today," Mackenzie says. I play along and ask "Where may I ask are you going?" Mackenzie sits on my bed curling up next to me, and she covers herself with the covers. "Mackenzie?" I ask. "That's where I have to go! I have to go see Mackenzie," she says. I'm so confused, and then Dallas walks in and so does Martin. "I see, and where might Mackenzie be?" I ask. "In Hollywood with her father Wilmer," I say, and my voice comes out muffled through the covers. I gasp, and look at Dallas who nods. My heart is melting. "You're not Mackenzie?" I ask. "That would be correct," she says in a California accent. "You're Maddie!" I saw looking at her in awe. "I am," she says. And I cover my face with my hands, tears streaming down my face. "Mackenzie and I met up at camp, and we decided to switch places, I'm sorry, but I've never seen you , and i've dreamt of meeting you my whole life. Mackenzie felt the same way about Dad, so we sort of just switched lives. l hope you're not mad, because l love you so much. l hope that one day you could love me as me, not Mackenzie. Maddie said. "Oh, sweetie I loved you your whole life." I said wrapping Maddie in a hug as I saw Martin crying his eyes out. Martin sobbed " i've never been so happy in my entire life." Dallas rolled her eyes and closed my bedroom door. "Now honey, I noticed that you, that you had cuts on your arms. Why? I ask gently. " T-There not cuts, I play rough I'm not classy you know? I've lived with a man, and only one girl influencing me Jesse."Maddie says nervously. I can tell she's lying. ""Okay," I say. I'm at loss for words, I wish she would just open up to me.. But then Maddie curled up against my side. "What do you expect, I met you two days ago. Even though I know you well enough. Me and Kenzie spent weeks planning this and getting to know each other's parent, and butlers. But you don't know me.." My heart breaks, and I say, "I wish I knew you, I want to know you, you're my little girl," I say. "And I love you with all my heart." "What do you wanna know? And just to let you know Kenzie showed me a picture of you flossing your teeth and I've totally been wanting to post that since I have it saved on my phone now." I laughed nervously. "Please don't post that," I say. "I want to know everything about you." So Maddie tells me all about herself, how she and her dad are best friends, how she was in the chandelier music video, how she loves lyrical and contemporary dancing, and won a grammy. "I feel bad that Kenzie had to learn the new dance in about an hour like I had too." Maddie says chuckling. "Oh she did?" I ask, but then I realize something. "Maddie, I have to switch you and Mackenzie back, you technically belong to your father." I'm dreading her reaction. "I was expecting that, but hey no hopes no disappointments. Life works better that way. Maddie says. I hug her and say, "We'll work everything out. Let's get packed so we can leave for Pittsburgh tomorrow morning," I tell her. Maddie was walking out of the room and before she barely made it out the door she said "I do cut, and there's many reasons I do, but i'm not mad about this me and Kenzie thing differently she knows things will always turn out as planned, but that's not my life, my life is chriitistim dad didnt have the talk about never looking myself up or checking the comments for my chandelier video or anything like that, but thanks for this.." Maddie says as she walks out the door.