Attention

"Sigh~" another dull day. You grab your books with no energy and slid them in your bag, zipping it up with just as much laziness. 

Another dull day....that's what it was to you at least. The room filled with late talking, giggling and shuffling. Many students already connecting with their friends as they prepared to leave. Except for you. 

Inaudible sighs, always seemed to escape you. Well, lately they have been more often than none. It's not like you had a problem with everything or you was that one person that just wanted everyone to notice that something was wrong. 

No, entirely you found the fault with yourself. Simplistic thoughts of discouragement filled your mind for the last few weeks. Always, with his group of friends, Isabel, Farlan, Petra, Eld, Oluo, and Gunther. Chattering, smiling, they all seemed content. Their own little group, you didn't want to be apart of the group.

You had your own little friendly circle. Eren, Mikasa and Armin were all the friends you needed. As far as, close friends, you were a friendly and outspoken person. You were only outspoken on matters that didn't concern you. Quiet shy, and reasonably social, though you preferred silence when it was due. 

Yea, a naturally calm aura that always followed you around. But now, it seemed to be waning slightly. Tossing your bag over your back, you made your way out of the classroom. 

He only pays attention to everyone else....never me.

Attention. That was all you wanted but why? When did it start?

Silently, you made your way to the door then past it unaware of the steel eyes that followed you slightly because there was no reason for you to stay there. Your footsteps echoed through the hall with the voices of the many bodies that occupied it. 

As always after a few voices you recognized as your friends, you had made it through the building and past the gate. Liking Levi didn't start like a first eye contact type of deal. IT was more of an observation and a knowledge based growth. 

His habit of holding his cup, manner of speaking, his slight shyness and awkwardness with wording things of encouragement. They were all pieces of him you had seen by chance. Mostly from seeing him around his group of friends. 

After, your sophomore year....you had started to develop feelings for him. Yet, it was foiled by rumors among the student body.  Petra Ral also loved Levi Ackerman.  Only, she had a better chance. She was a closer person to him, a friend. 

That's why despite what your friends suggested, that you approach him and try to get closer, you kept your distance. You didn't want to be one of those people who fought for attention with another girl. 

In order, to spare yourself, you decided to keep them to yourself and settle for gaining his attention. Even if its for just a slight moment.  A soft smile came to light your face as you listen to Armin and Eren talk about the ocean.

Still unaware of eyes that seemed to remain on you even though they weren't directly looking at you.

"Hey Levi, we will see you later!" 

"...Oi Levi...when are you going to say something?"

"Yea big bro, you can't stay silent forever you know?"

"Tsk. Right now isn't the time for something like that."

"Oh?"

"Heh, bro is always stubborn."

"Ah?" a hand reached up and ruffled the red hair of one of his longest friends his attention elsewhere.

"Well, I would say you better pick a time and soon....seems like something is weighing on her mind."

"....Let's go"