Kytha and Kussi Cat

It was a cold February night when Emma Powell sang a lullaby to her six year old little sister, Alyssa. Emma did not know any songs, so she sang in gibber-gabber. She sang continuously, with no chorus, until Alyssa fell asleep. Emma sang in a soft voice, and the melody of the song resembled any lullaby.

When Emma was sure Alyssa was asleep, she went to her own room, curled up in her blankets, and fell asleep.

Emma woke up in the middle of the night to a cold gust of wind. She wrapped her robe around herself, and closed the window. She saw a shadow outside that looked like a cat. She opened the window back up and got a better look. The cat was now on her widow sill. It blinked at her and then said, "Hello."

Emma knew she must be dreaming, and she liked the dream, so she tried not to wake up. "You are not dreaming." the cat said. "Were you the girl who sang that lullaby?"

"Yes." Emma answered.

"Good. I thought you were that girl. Can I come inside? It is very cold out here." Emma let the cat in and closed the window. " My name is Kat the Cat. What is your name?"

"Emma Powell."

"Emma Powell ?No. That won't do. How about Kytha the Cat?"

"Okay." Emma said, even though she wasn't a cat. But she did like the name Kytha. "How are you talking to me?" Kytha asked Kat. "The song you you were singing earlier was a kitty-by. A kitty-by is a bedtime song for cats. You spoke our language."

"But cats say meow."

"No! Who told you that?"

"Um... my kindergarten teacher." "Well she was WRONG! We have been looking for someone to save the Cat World. Can you help us?"

Kytha thought saving the Cat World would be fun. So she said yes, and asked Kat why Cat World needed to be saved. Kat said,

"Cat World is being taken over by an evil cat named Kussi the Cat Clawed. He is cat-napping all the cats and nobody knows where they went. He will cat-nap all the cats, but not a human." "Okay." Kytha agreed, determined to make this the best dream ever.

Kytha put warm clothes on and walked outside her house with Kat. "Where is Cat World?" Kat jumped into her arms and they began spinning in the air. Spinning and spinning and spinning....

Kytha landed on a cat bed with a hard thump, but Kat landed softly on the cat bed next to her. Kat started licking his fur. "Aren't you going to help me?" She asked. "No." Kytha sighed and walked around the room.

It was a big, circular room, with cat beds lining the walls. A cat was asleep in each one. "Cats really do well for themselves, don't they?" She said to no cat in particular.

Kytha looked around to find a door, and saw many of them. One was orange,locked, one was white, locked, another was black, locked. Frustrated,Kytha kicked the black door, an the door changed. It had all three colors, and it wasn't locked. She walked through, an ended up outside in the snow. She pulled her scarf over her mouth and walked into the street, it wasn't very busy, but the few cats that were walking down the street avoided her. One orange cat hissed at her, unsure what to do, she hissed back. Then the cat rubbed against her legs, purring.She expected that it either hissed back at her, or ran away. Maybe hissing was how to get all cats attention. She walked over to a white and black cat and hissed at it. "Ahhh!!!" It screamed, and ran away. "Or maybe not." Kytha said with a shrug.

Wandering down the streets, Kytha heard the song, Jingle Bells, only in the cat version, which sounded like this: