Chapter 1.

It was a dark rainy day here in Chicago and I was sitting outside my house crying my eyes out. My mom and my dad well he's technically my stepdad but my mom makes me call him dad. But anyways my mom and dad have been arguing a lot lately over stupid stuff but today things went way too far. He actually put his hands on my mom , he actually punched her in her face so of course I tried to stop the fight but ended up getting hit too. Ever since that day things have never been the same.

* two years later *
It was my 17th birthday and I'm so excited! Only one more year until I'm grown and can do whatever I want. I was in my room getting ready for my big day. My best friend Claire bought me a bunch of clothes for my birthday so i decided to wear something she gave me. I wore my burgundy t- shirt that said " slay" on it and some black ripped jeans with my all white converses . Nothing to fancy but definitely still cute. I curled my hair and checked my phone. I had so many text reading happy birthday from all my friends and family it made me so happy. After I was done getting ready I went downstairs to see my mom in the living with the biggest smile on her face.
Hey mom I said giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek
Hey honey I got a surprise for you! Close your eyes
"But my mom you know I hate surprises can you please just tell me what it is" I begged
No now close your eyes silly she said while laughing
FINE! I moaned
I closed my eyes and felt two pieces of paper. I was so confused. I hope it's money because I had my eye on these new pair of shoes at the mall that I really really want.
"Can I open my eyes now" I asked eagerly
Yes open
I opened my eyes and saw two tickets to Justin Bieber's believe tour! "OMG MOM HOW DID YOU GET THESE?" I screamed
I had a little help from a friend and had to work a little over time but it was definitely worth it don't you say?
OMG yess! I love you so much mom thank you so much I said giving her the biggest hug ever. I can't believe that I'm going to see Justin live in concert tonight!! . After I was calmed down a little I called Claire and told her the good news she couldn't believe it either. I was still in such shock I just kept looking at the tickets debating if this is real or not. Me and my mom was in the living room watching tv. This is always how we spend my birthday and I love it so much. Everything was going great until my stepdad came home. He was drunk like always and came over and started making out with my mom it was so disgusting.
Hey go get me a fucking beer he slurred his words.
Don't talk talk to her like that mom defended.
You don't tell me what to do he said
I looked at my mom and gave her look saying it was okay. My mom and my stepdad have a very complicated relationship and as much as it hurts to see my mom be treated so bad I know that she really loves him for what reason I don't know but she do. I got up and went into the kitchen and got a cold beer out of the refrigerator. I gave it to him . Btw my mom name is Alarie and my stepdad name is lance. I thanked my mom again for the tickets and went back to my room to past some time before the concert.