Final Escape

I felt no pain. I had zero agony.

I haven't been shot before, but I'm pretty sure a bullet will hurt. The future was so unclear.

I slowly opened my eyes and gasped. Gustavo was on the floor, dead. And Dante behind him with another gun in his hand.

His body was shaking as he kept staring at his dead father on the floor.

"Dante," I murmured.

His eyes were wide open and he was speechless.

My mom exclaimed with horror in her tone, "Demonte!" My mom rushed to Demonte and got on her knees.

I glanced at my brother who was drenched in the blood. His blood.

I ran to Demonte and he was barely breathing. He was choking on his own blood. I stood him upright and a ton of blood gushed out of his mouth.

His shoulder was where the source of the blood was coming from.

I took off his collar shirt and wrapped it around the wound compressing the area. He groaned very loudly at the pain.

Dante snapped out of his trance and he helped me get my brother into the car.

It was difficult, but we managed.

His blood was smearing his vanilla leather seats.

I was in the back with Demonte and my mom was shotgun. Dante drove quickly to the hospital and we got there in a flash.

Nurses took him in the ER and didn't allow anyone to see him while the surgery was going on. So, we had to wait impatiently.

Dante and I waited in the waiting room and it was near midnight, my mom was buying food at a gas station nearby.

"I watched my dad fall to his knees, dying.." he trailed off and his eyes got watery, "I never thought I'd be the one who'd kill him."

I rubbed his back and leaned my head on his broad shoulder.

His gaze was locked on the hospital's tile floor.

"But I also couldn't break my promise." his face turned to me and he cracked a smile.

I beamed him a smile.

A female voice called me, "Excuse me ma'am, Demonte is accepting visitors now. One at a time please."

My face brightened up and I speed walked in his room.

He smiled seeing me and so did I.

He had a shoulder bandage on and he looked snug and happy in his bed.

I shook my head and playfully spoke, "Why didn't you let me take the bullet, I'm the one with the superman powers, not you

I shook my head and playfully spoke, "Why didn't you let me take the bullet, I'm the one with the superman powers, not you."

He chuckled, "Because now you owe me, big time."

I laughed as he extended the joke. Then, we genuinely exchanged smiles, "Thank you, brother."

He winked snickering, "Anytime, sis."