Authors Names

One of the worst things is when I'm reading a story and realize the author is using their name as the main character.

It's horrible, especially if the name sounds like it's from a certain race but the main character is a completely different race. Like, for example, if the main character is Lydia's sister (from Teen Wolf), I don't think her name should be Shaniqua. I mean Lydia is a pale, strawberry blond teenager so her sister is obviously similar.

It's also annoying when it's impossible to pronounce. I was reading a Vampire Diaries fic and the character had this super long and difficult name. Every time I read the name I had to skip over it.

I know it's tempting. I used to write lots of stories where the main character was exactly like me, name included. It put me in the story and I loved it. Then I realized that my name is too hard to pronounce (as you may have read in a previous chapter).

It took me a long time to realize that I was putting myself in the story to create a better me. Hot boyfriend, perfect hair always, a totally skinny body, and a story far more interesting. But I'm not that person. I'm probably never going to have a boyfriend like Klaus Mikaelson, I'm never going to wake up to my hair in perfect ringlets, showered and ready to go. I'm never going to wake up and magically lose tons of weight. And my story will probably be just as boring as everyone else's.

I had to learn how to deal with it. So if you make your characters the same name as you, you need to realize that you will never be a fictional character with this amazing life. Plus you're really annoying and I hate you.

Byyyeee.