Of Stylists and Desperation

Blaine looked up.

"Blaine! Hi! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!"

Blaine sighed mentally. Aaron Harrison was just way too annoying.

"Hi, Aaron. How are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm so awesome! So, I have to tell you about this cute shirt that I saw a while ago- it's like peach velvet... so cute! You will just love it. I'll wear it tomorrow so you can see how incredibly gorgeous it is!"

Blaine sighed yet again.

Aaron always seemed to try too much. He seemed overconfident and cocky, sure that whatever he wore would be the new trend, no matter how horrible it looked. Nothing like what Kurt used to wear...

Blaine shook his head. He couldn't think about it. The past was the past and memories of a certain scarf-loving boy from high school would just have to be buried under layers of hurt and despair.

"... and there were these adorable zebra print skinny jeans... Just too cute!" Aaron was still blabbering away. Blaine couldn't care less.

"Blaine!" Chrystie, his manager, called, peeking through the doorway. "You have a photo shoot with Vogue at six and a new stylist is coming over at five to put together outfits. Please be there because he wants to know what kinds of looks you're going for."

"Yeah, sure thing, Chrys, I'll be there. Who am I supposed to look for?"

"Well, I know his first name is Kurt, but my assistant misplaced the resume so I don't know his last name. You won't miss him, though, he dresses quite stylishly."

Blaine's mind immediately flashed to Kurt Hummel, but just as quickly dismissed the thought. His Kurt was going into musical theatre, not fashion design, after all.

"Blaine! Are you listening?"

Blaine looked up in confusion as Chrystie smacked him across the head.

"Ow! What was that for!"

She stared at him condescendingly.

"You weren't paying attention!" She snapped. Blaine groaned.

"Sorry, Chrys, just a little tired." Her expression softened as she took in Blaine's tense demeanor.

"It's fine, Blainie, I'll just have it typed out so you can look at the information later."

"Thanks Chrystie, you're the best."

He really had to get Kurt out of his head. It had been a year since the breakup and still all he could think of was Kurt. Every time he saw something, he would think about how it related to Kurt.

Hey Blaine, look at this scarf!

Kurt liked scarves...

Hey Blaine, look at this leopard print suit!

Kurt had a leopard print suit...

Hey Blaine! Look at this designer brand satchel!

Kurt had a designer brand satchel...

This sucked. For all he knew, Kurt was on a date right now with the hottest guy at his college, holding hands on campus and stealing kisses between classes, while he was here like a heartbroken fool. But it was true, he was a heartbroken fool.

No. He couldn't do this any longer... He would write one last sorrowful love song and then he'd forget about Kurt, once and for all. And he actually meant it this time.

Blaine picked himself up and out of his seat and went to his dressing room. He grabbed his guitar and settled down. After strumming a few chords, he found inspiration.