Untitled Part 63

Things I never knew about depression until I finally had a doctor explain the disease to me.

Depression can manifest as irrational anger.

My complete and total inability to keep anything clean or tidy for any amount of time is a symptom of my depression. I may never be able to do this. It's important that I remember that and forgive myself when I clean something out (like my car) and it ends up trashed within a week.

Depression IS A DISABILITY. Requiring accommodations is okay.

Medications don't make you better, they don't cure your depression. They serve as an aid. Their purpose is to help you get to everyone else's minimal level of functioning.

Depression can cycle through periods of inactivity. This doesn't mean it's gone away.

The reason I don't feel like other people understand me is because ... well ... other people DON'T understand me. They can't. They don't have my disability.

Paranoia is par for the course.

Depression can and will interfere with your physical mobility. Forgive yourself when you can't physically do something.

It's entirely possible that I may never be able to live by myself. I can't take care of myself. I need help to do it. And that's okay.