F O U R

One week later

Jess

It had been a week since me and Jack texted. There had been no further contact so I was starting to think it was happening. Me and Sammy were grocery shopping right now and I was totally zoned out. He snaps his face in front of my face and I snap out of it.

"Babe you okay" he chuckles

"Yer" I nod

He comes over and grabs my waist. He leans forward and kisses me. I move my arms to the back of his neck kissing him back.

"Sammy" I heard a familiar voice say

I pull back and turn around. I see Jack standing there with his hands in his pockets. He had shorter hair and it had been dyed a dark brown. He had a slight beard making him look a lot older. He was wearing just jeans and a t shirt. He looks at me in shock.

"Wait Jess" he says

"Jack" my tone came out very excited and Sammy didn't look to pleased

I hug him and he squeezes me tight. "I missed you" he whispers in my ear

"I missed you too" I whisper back

I hold him tighter missing his touch. I didn't realise how much till now.

Sammy coughs and I let go of Jack instantly. I go stand next to him and his face was in totally shock.

"You know Jack" Sammy says in totally shock

"Yer, why do you" I ask confused

"Me and Sammy have been friends for absolutely years" Jack says looking at me

I smile feeling his glaze on me.

"And me and Jess are dating" Sammy grins and kisses my cheek

Jacks face goes flat. No emotion. No anything.

"Oh" that's all he says

"So did me and Jess" he looked directly at me while he said that. His voice was full of pain and heartache. At this point...so was mine.

"Really, I didn't know that babe" Sammy says surprised looking at me

Jacks eyes divert to my locket. A small smile tugs up the sides of his mouth when he recognised it.

Sammy's phone rings and he excuses himself and leaves.

"The locket"

"Yer, I like to wear it" I shrug like it was no big deal

"I missed you" he steps closer and I step back

"Don't" I say

"Jess come on, you really saying that you haven't thought about me once in the past 5 years, you saying that you haven't missed me at all" he had come closer as he was talking.

I was frozen to the ground and my mouth was glued shut.

"Say it and I'll leave"

"I- can't..." I stutter out

"I missed you. That's no lie" he says and steps away. We walk away from me, leaving me lonely...
just like before.

----------------
How did you guys like the chapter? Do you think Jack still like Jess? Also do you think that Sammy is going to be cool with maybe Jess and Jack having a friendship when he finds out how serious it was, or is he going to be happy if went up in flames.

Thanks for reading xxx
share, comment and vote. That would help a lot.

Emma 💕