Chapter 1

(Zayn's P.O.V.)

"Hello?", I asked worriedly, "Is anyone there?". I didn't hear anyone, so I hung up.

Ugh, this is so annoying. I had missed a call from Harry, my best friend, and he's acting like I was avoiding him.

Harry tends to get a bit... emotional whenever he feels ignored. I don't understand how he would feel ignored: his mother always Skype's him; Louis, Liam and Niall are always over; he stayed at my house, he practically lived with me; and his followers on Tumblr were always in his inbox.

Sometimes I think he's just over dramatic.

I checked my phone for the time: it was 12:47 p.m. I opened the drapes and the windows to bring some sunlight in this place. A cool breeze crept in, reminding me that it was Autumn and that I should be prepared for Winter.

In a couple of hours, I have an appointment to get my hair done, so I have some time to get my winter stuff out. I walked in the kitchen and opened the door to my garage, but I slammed the door real quick and screamed.

There was a racoon chilling on the top of my Honda. 

I shivered, forgetting that I had my windows opened, and quickly closed them. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Louis.

"Hey Zayn," Louis said once he picked up "What's up?".

"There's a racoon in my garage and I need to get in there" I said.

"That sounds persinal mate" he laughed.

I chuckled, but it was a shaky type of chuckle.

"Welp, it sounds like you're real shookened up about it, so I'll be right over" he said as he hung up.

Well I have about 10 minutes before he gets here, so I'll just get comfy on the couch. I ran up the stairs and grabbed my ninja turtles blanket, it was Louis' gift to me last year, and ran back down the stairs. I plopped on the black loveseat and turned the television on. Just as I got comfortable, the doorbell rang. Ugh.

I checked the time, almost 10 minutes went by since the last time I checked. I looked through the peep hole and saw a face I didn't recognize/

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Open the door" the voice replied.

Instantly, I made sure the door was locked and I ran into the den. 

The mystery person was now banging on my door and I screamed.