Chapter 2: Awkward Couple

"I wanna meet this boy." Said my annoying older brother. "Shut up, you're not meeting him." I waved him off. I flipped through my phone as I waited for Tyler to pick me up for the party. My family is embarrassing. "I don't approve of your jeans." Cole crossed his arms. "What's wrong with them?" I questioned as I ate a chip from the bag. "Look at how big the rips are. You're showing too much skin." Cole implied. "You're showing too much skin! Put a shirt on you big goof." I said throwing a chip at his chest. "Ow... Don't be so harsh." Cole whimpered rubbing his chest. He turned around and went to his room, I'm assuming to put a shirt on.

I sighed. It takes so much work to put up with him. I shook my head.

As I threw a chip in the air and caught it in my mouth there was a knock on the door. I began walking till Cole started running down the stairs trying to beat me to the door, that's when I started sprinting. My body slammed into Cole which made him push against the door. He made the most awkward grunt I've heard until he shoved me off of him. He opened the door while I stood behind him mentally face palming myself. "I'm Cole, Alice's older brother," Cole said trying to sound intimidating. "You must be the hockey star." He continued raising his eye brows up and down twice. "I'm Tyler." He held out his hand. Cole accepted his hand shake. Cole's knuckles were as white as paper, obviously gripping Tyler's hand hard.

I cleared my throat as I was watching all of this happen. "Bye Cole..." I said eyeing him. Could he be any more embarrassing? "Bye Alice. Stay safe! Don't do drugs!" He hollered as Tyler and I were walking out the door. Tyler chuckled and held my hand.

Do you think we're moving to fast? We've been dating for only three days. Is it okay to hold hands? I slowly griped his hand as his held mine. I slightly blushed and smiled to myself. "Here you go my lady." Tyler said as he opened the truck door. I must say this is a nice truck. I look at sexy trucks like guys look at girls butts in yoga pants. Yes, I know I'm weird. "Thank you kind sir." I said jumping into the passenger seat. I would've added a small giggle after that but I can't make my giggles sound cute. If I tried I would've sounded like I was choking. I'm a complete fail when it comes to relationships. I can't flirt whatsoever.

I watched Tyler as he jogged around the front of the truck to the other side. I noticed his jaw was well defined. He opened the truck door and sat in his seat starting the vehicle. As the truck started the radio blasted music and I shrieked in result. Tyler panicked and turned off the radio. "Whoops, I'm sorry." Tyler nervously choked out as he scratched the back of his head. He looked so cute doing that. "It's okay." I said. Gosh, could this be anymore awkward? I don't want it to be weird between us. I like him and I want things to be normal.

I stared out the window as we drove to the party. I read all the signs we drove past. I was bored out of my mind and I felt lonely. I know Tyler was sitting right next to me but he wasn't saying anything. Why won't he start a conversation? I rested my chin on my hand. I was on the urge to say something, I opened my mouth but I couldn't get the words to come out. I was scared, but I don't know why. What was I so afraid of? I hate being shy. Why can't I be outgoing? It's not like I've never talked to him before.

Just say something Alice. You're being a wimp, I thought to myself.

"I don't really want things to be weird between us." I said shakily but quickly. I stared at Tyler until he spoke up.

Say something! I thought.

"Oh good! Same here. It's been awkward but I really like you." Tyler smiled and sighed. Did Tyler just say he really likes me? I smiled like an idiot. "I really like you too." I could feel the heat coming off of my cheeks. We didn't say much after that. Sometimes I would catch him looking at me for a quick second.