Chapter 5 - Costumes

Yay, Halloween :D

Need to write faster, I'm determined to get to christmas at Dalton before the 25th... I must be insane. Anyways, enjoy! -xoxo

"But Kurt, you've got to come." Taylor whined, putting down his paint brush for the first time that night.

"Taylor..." Kurt sighed. flicking through his chemistry text book frustratedly.

"You haven't got a choice, the Warbler's are performing. Blaine's going to be there, for gods sake!" Taylor cut in, his expression pained, if he knew one thing from his week with Kurt, he was nothing if not stubborn.

"I haven't got the time. What with Warbler practise and all the horrendous work you get at this place..."

"Listen to me, when Dalton throws a party, no one misses it. No one. Your coming."

"Fine!" Kurt surrendered, "But I want something in return." he grinned mischieviously.

"Oh no..." Taylor groaned.

"I want that picture of Blaine from your wall, the one when your all around the pool-"

"Are you two talking about me?" Blaine called from the boy's en suite, before emerging, fully dressed in the weirdest outfit Kurt had ever seen, and that was saying something, because Kurt had worn a leotard before.

"I'm Harry Potter!" Blaine grinned goofily, waving the twig in his hand.

"Who is he? And why does he dress like a teen girl with a fetish for gothic robes?"

Blaine stood, mouth a gape, looking ridiculous in his circular glasses and lightening bolt scar.

"Hey, it's Halloween Kurt... He's supposed to look scary" Taylor added, only to be silenced by Blaine, who looked at his murderously, "Just saying!" he shrugged.

"Blaine Anderson, please take that... that abomanation off your usually fabulous form, or I will personally see that you are excecuted."

Blaine pouted, loking upset, he had worked hard on his costume. There was a sharp knock on the door, Kurt went to get it, half expecting a dozen water bombs to fall him or something equally 'hilarious'. The twins were sometimes a little predictable. Instead there was just a red gift bag, tied with a silver ribbon and a small card.

Dear Taylor,

Happy Halloween, beautiful. For my real life angel. Hope you like them - D x

"Taylor, I think this is for you..." Kurt said very slowly, not sure whether to laugh or not. Warily, Taylor crept over, taking the bag as if it could explode like a bomb. He took a deep breath, in an attempt to not freak out. he emptied the bag onto Kurt's bed. Out fell a pair of wings, almost as big as the boy himself, covered in fluffly, turquiose feathers, flecked with glitter. For a second Taylor couldn't quite believe it.

"I think we found my costume."

--

"Honestly Taylor, you take longer than me to get ready, and my cleansing routine is longer than your average girl's" Kurt moaned, tapping his fingers on the door frame irritably.

"If you don't hurry up, all the food will be gone." Blaine muttered, only to recieve a playful punch from Kurt.

"Your such a guy..." he sighed, rolling his eyes. Eventually, Taylor was ready, and they began to make their way down to the hall. Everyone they passed was in costume, Halloween was taken very seriously at Dalton. Taylor looked perfect and Kurt couldn't help feeling a little jealous of his new friend, if Blaine had fallen for him the way Damien had for Taylor...