Chapter One

"Really, Lee. Get a grip girl." Saffron put her hands on her hips and stared at me. I crossed my arms. "Yeah. Really."

Erin stood back a bit, not wanting to take sides. They had come over to try and get me to go shopping for something better than shorts and a shirt to wear. I don't much like shopping.

"If what I wear effects what guys think about me I never want to date. It should be about my personality, stuff like that. Not my looks." I said sharply, standing there in shorts, a shirt and a mens coat that went past my knees, it used to be my fathers and I loved wearing it, even if it was a bit big.

"Yeah, that's true, but if you keep dressing like...this!" Saffron waved her arms at me "and acting..like you do, well..you know!" she trailed of, flapping her arms again. I raised an eyebrow.  "Actually, no. I don't know. Care to inform me?" I stepped forward, arms still crossed. 

"Lee! This is what Saffron is talking about." Exclaimed Erin. "You need a serious attitude ajustment, as well as an extreme makeover." She realised what she had just said and laughed slightly. "That's not..like, what I meant, you know?"

I laughed too. "This time, I do know."

So, ten minutes later, my two friends had pleaded  and reasoned with me and bribed me by telling me when we got back we could do whatever I liked for  the afternoon (it was saturday). And we were going shopping.

"Ohh, Lee!" Saffron wolf-whistled, ignoring the looks we were getting. "Shut up, I look ridiculous!" I snapped. I was trying on a tight-fitting red dress that really didn't suit me. "Oh, fine. Spoilsport. Try this." 

I tried on the skirt and top Saffron handed me. "It's actually quite nice." I said, stepping out of the changing room. My friend's jaws nearly hit the floor. I never said I liked 'normal' girly clothes. Then once they recovered from their shock they got other things for me to try on, not discouraged by me often going 'Oh, god, I'm not a slut' or 'That peice of clothing should be illegal' or 'Eww. No lace.' Instead it just seemed to excite them more.

Two hours later I had two new skirts, a fancy top, a long dress and a short dress, as well as a neck-scarf that I protested was impractical, but was ignored. And I realised how tiring shopping, and arguing (hey, if I hadnt I would have far too many clothes) was.

Once we had walked home, dumped the heavy shopping bags in my room and ate a large lunch I turned to my friends, an evil grin on my face. "You promised!" I said triumphantly.

"Ugh, promised what?"

"That we could do whatever I wanted to do when we got back."

The confused expressions fell of their faces, replaced by understanding and regret. They had forced me to go shopping (which I had ended up enjoying actually) so know I would force them to do something they wouldn't enjoy much.

And I knew the perfect thing.

But they would have a choice.

I wasn't cruel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"So. Which one?" I asked, a smirk on my face. "Um. Neither?" said Saffron hopefully. "Oh, come on Saffron. It's not that bad!" said Erin, being a bit more like me than my other friend. I was offering them the choice of watching Doctor Who with me, or of watching Sherlock, or watching the movie 'The Da Vinci Code'.

Saffron made a face. "The Da Vinci Code has too much...blood and...self harming..and death..and screaming.." 

I nodded. I didn't find it that bad, but Saffron had a very weak stomach for that sort of stuff, and had watched the Da Vinci Code acidently once. "So that's out then. Doctor Who or Sherlock?"

Saffron screwed up her face again. "Ugh. I dunno. What's the difference?" I shook my head, unable to find anything to say. Erin sighed. "They are very, very different Saffron. Don't ever ask someone like Lee, and me in fact, that question. Some find it offending and some find they need to explain every detail of the shows like Lee here it struggling not to-" She gestured to me, as I wondered how she knew that "-and to save confusion I will pick. We're watching Sherlock."

 "Awesome, come on." I grinned and dragged a reluctant Saffron into the lounge room, Erin close behind.

We started by watching 'A Study In Pink', the first episode, as not to confuse Saffron, who had never watched it before. Then we continued on to watch 'The Blind Banker'.

Afterwards I turned to face my friends. "What did you think?" I asked Saffron. "Urrm. The main characters are hot." She stated. I covered my face with my hands, just like Saffron to answer like that. "I meant: what did you think of the show?" 

"Oh. That."

"Yes. That."

"Um. I suppose it was alright." She shrugged. I rolled my eyes, and  started to reply when Erin cut in,"We have to go now, bye Lee!" 

Saffron brightened. "And guess what!" 

"What?" I asked.

"Your cousins are coming tomorrow, and we are having another lesson."

"Lesson?"

"Yes, shopping was a 'lesson'. Tomorrow will be something else."

"Ended with more Sherlock?" I asked hopefully.

"Umm..."

"Yeah, sounds good!" cut in Erin again. "Bye now!" and they left.

And so when I went to bed that night I had plenty to think about.