Chapter Two

"Oooooohh, today is a day to smile! Today is a day to smile! So get up and smiiiiile!"

Saffron's awful singing woke me up. I opened my eyes just a crack to see her spinning round the room, flinging open the curtains. I groaned. "Oh, you're up! Good!" She squealed.

"Who let you in?" I asked sleepily. "Your mother. Said it would be good for you to get up early on a sunday for once." Saffron said brightly. I groaned again. "Come on, sleepyhead. Up!" My friend grabbed my hand and attempted to drag me off my bed. I pulled my pillow over my head. "Piss off."

"Now, now, Lee! Language!" 

"Shut up Saffron, I'm not getting up."

"Oh, come on Lee!" Came another voice.

"Todd?" I asked. 

"The one and only. Get up."

I grinned and hopped out of my bed, looking over to see a boy with black hair and bright eyes leaning against the doorframe of my room. Standing next to him was a girl with shoulder-length black hair and the same bright eyes.

"Good to see you Kirsten!" I exclaimed, hugging the girl by the door. "Todd." Me and the boy by the door did a awkward little I'm-not-hugging-you-how-about-a-handshake thing.

"Is Erin here?" I asked. "Yes. She's making toast and bacon for everyone." Said Saffron.

"Oh, okay."

"So are we going to the kitchen? I smell bacon." Put in Kirsten. "Let's go then." I said and we all made our way to the kitchen, where my red-haired friend was serving toast and bacon, with orange juice. "Just in time!" Excalimed Erin as we sat down to eat. Once we had finished and complimented Erin on the excellent breakfast we all made our way back to my room.

"So, what's today's 'lesson' Saffron?" I asked when we were all comfortably sprawled around my room, as Saffron seemed to be the unofficial organiser. She grinned at me from where she was lying sideways across my armchair. "Your first kiss," she anounced happily.

I nearly threw my neck out as I spun round to look at my friend, "Sorry?!" I yelped.

"Jeez, touchy, touchy."

"Well did you hear what you just asked me?"

"Lee, you're nearly sixteen. It's a bit alarming you've never been kissed."

"No it's not! I read a book the other day and this girl in it was bloody 20 and had never been kissed!"

"Stop refering to books, Lee, and think about your life."

"Some books can actually be quite educational!" We were now both standing up, half-shouting.

"Okay, just, calm down you two." Interupted Erin. "Lee, if you ever want to date someone you're eventually going to have to kiss them." "I know that," I said huffily. "Well let us discuss it then," reasoned Erin. "Fine!" I crossed my arms and plopped back down onto the floor.

"So..." Said Kirsten in an awkward voice. "So." Saffron said firmly, resting her head on her clenched fists and staring at me from where she had sat back down on my armchair. "Have you ever seen a kiss?" She asked me. "Of course!" Everyone in the room stared at me and I mumbled "In movies..."

"Okay, then. That's our first step."

"Really not following you Saffron."

My friend rubbed her hands together, smirking. "Ohh, this is going to be goood."