The Beginning

It's the 1900's and I'm here at my house getting ready to cook up for dinner. My husband is coming home from work soon. Well, from the bar. He gets himself drunk on the finest wines. Oh how my husband has to stop wasting his money on alcohol. Anyways, my name is Vanessa. Vanessa Broadwick. I know it might sound like a silly name but that's my name. I enjoy writing books. I am a famous author and my husband is a buisnees man. He likes wasting all his money on outrageous things such as alcohol and knives so he can throw them at me when he's drunk. I wish he would straighten up. He never used to be like this.

    My husband crashes the door down in anger. He stomps in and demands "Where is my food!! I thought you were useful not just some pretty piece of uselessness!!" He takes a pan and attempts to bang my head with the pan. Fortunately I dodged  his attack and ran across the kitchen.
"Honey, it's almost ready. Please don't get angry. Why don't you go up and rest and I'll call you down along with the children?" I try to reason with him, but he only calms down a little.
"Almost?! I expect it to be done now. Thank goodness I have a girlfriend." He turns around to walk to grab a big pot.
    "What!!??" I yell, about to throw a small pan at him myself. I stare at him in shock and hurt. How could do this to me? He picks up a girl at the bar and tries to make me suffer? He is not my husband. He is not my Ben I know.
      "If you thought I was useless and picked up a girl from the bar, why did you marry me and have a children with me, huh? Why did you love me.. Huh??!!! I asked you a question!!!!!!! "I screamed at him. I probably woke my newborn twins. I just couldn't handle the pain anymore. It filled my heart with the toxic betrayal, pain, and depression. It over flowed and spread to the rest of my body. Even my mind hurt. I fell to the ground and sobbed. Ben went down and grabbed my neck hard. He was about to choke me. I couldn't breathe. I started to cry even harder but I couldn't breathe so instead of short breathes, it was long, suffering noises. "Let- me...-go!" I finally choke out. He aimed me at the wall and attempted to throw me. He didn't make it as far as he desired but I landed at the side of the dining table. I slammed into it, knocking the wind out of me.

I manage to get up, but my heads spinning, I was dizzy as I tried to get to the counter. I needed to call the police. I heard my babies crying and my children rushing down the stairs to see what was going on.
,"Beat it, kids." Ben hollered at them. He pointed back up the stairs but they didn't listen. My 12 year old daughter ran up to me and started to cry. Two 7 year old girls follow her. 3'4 year old boys come running over and 1'toddler who was a girl trailed after the boys.
"Mom, are,you ok?!" That was Valerie, my 12 year old.
"Mommy we won't let daddy hurt you!" That was the two 7 year olds, Zendaya and Arica
"Daddy's being mean!!" That was Chase, one of the 4'year olds.
"Yes, I'm fine. Valerie? Can you call 911? We need the police. You're father is acting up a bit." She spinned the wheel to 9-1-1 and picked up the phone and waited for a answer.