She Lives in a Fairytale-Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I am Princess Hayley Lynn Castor and my life is perfect. My life consists of love, laughter, and peace. Happiness is my best friend. My parents care for me, my boyfriend loves me, and my subjects adore me.  

My life may be perfect, but I am not.  

I see things and hear things that do not exist, things that are not normal. My parents try to help the best they can but it doesn't go away. None of it makes sense. I get flashes of horrible things. This poor girl that I want to help so badly, a bright yet plain room, a man in a long white coat holding a clipboard, these horrid people that hurt and ignore the girl, and the one that affects me the most, a boy. Not just any boy though- a beautiful, wonderful boy whose eyes shine with unshed tears. The state that he is in screams desperation and hope. Just as it is with the girl, I want to reach out and offer my aid. 

I hear things. Clips of sounds and noises. Voices come in and out sometimes when I see things. The words and phrases I hear most often are "coma", "abused", "don't leave", "pull the plug", and my favorite "I love you." Not all are said by the same people. The voices aren't always the same but I've narrowed it down to two voices. That's all I can figure out.  

Another of my flaws is that I have no previous memory of my life. I don't remember my childhood. I remember nothing before about two months ago. I haven't told anyone yet. I just play along. It's like a game for me. 

Must I say anything else? I am imperfect yet my life would say otherwise. Overall I am happy though. Could I ask for anything more? Yes.  

Who are these people I see and what do the things I hear mean? 

*-* 

"Hayley." I heard my mother say forcefully. I was being shaken. "What is it this time, dear?" She was worried about me. I couldn't speak. I was still seeing her. The girl was connected to many tubes and wires. She looked lifeless. Still and cold. Her skin was too pale. As the picture of the girl faded I heard those three words. 'I love you'. As always, the voice was beautiful. That boy really did love her. Why wouldn't she wake up and go to him? 

I snapped out of it. "Mother?" I asked frantically. 

"Oh, Hayley, you scare me every time it happens." She said. "What was it of this time?" 

"I saw the girl. She has beautiful red hair like mine, Mother. Have I mentioned it before? Anyways, there were so many wires and tubes surrounding her. They were piercing her skin and tubes ran through her nose and into her mouth. She looked dead. She isn't though, at least, not yet."  

"Is that all?" Mother asked. 

I shook my head. "I heard a voice. I think it belongs to the boy that always looks so depressed." Mother gestured for me to continue. "He said I love you. He must have been speaking to her. It bothers me that she won't get up. She doesn't move or respond. She has a chance, Mother. This poor girl has someone who actually cares about her for once and she ignores him. I just don't get it." 

"Maybe she is unable to speak. Maybe she can't hear. Maybe he isn't speaking to her." 

"He is, and I know it." I said forcefully. 

"Either way you have to go meet Taylor. So hurry along." She said with a smile. 

My mother loves Taylor almost as much as me. We are great together. He loves me and cares for me. He is a prince, my Prince Charming. The way Mother acts leads me to believe that I am already slated to be engaged and married to Taylor. Which most of the time is perfectly fine with me. These last two months- the only time I can remember my past from- have been wonderful. But recently he has been acting strange. In this past week he has had issues with his temper. Nothing I can't handle of course but it does worry me a tad. He was just so laid back before.