six

"Honestly, I didn't know alcoholics drank this much." Grayson states as he looks over the whole living room with a trash bag in his hands. "Hope you have more trash bags."

"You haven't even seen the half of it." I sigh, "She just drank her life away."

"Don't get all emotional on me, we still hate each other." he says, throwing the bottles in the bag. I walk into the dining room, which has open doors to the living room. "Hey, if I find alcohol bottles that aren't empty, can I keep 'em?"

"Good luck finding empty bottles." I roll my eyes, throwing them all in the box I have.

I go through about five boxes, I don't know how many he went through. We were cleaning the house for about three hours, emptying the bottles out of the house only took up one hour. But, we scrubbed everything down and sprayed it with some Febreeze to get rid of the alcohol stench that filled the air.

"Okay, thank you." I say, "But it's six thirty, and I really have to study."

"What do you know, so do I!" he exclaims, making himself comfortable on the couch. "I'll stay."

"Did I just, like, all of a sudden become bearable?" I raise an eyebrow,

"No, no, no, no, no." he shakes his head, "I still find you extremely unbearable, but you're a good student and I'm not. I need to pass, and you're smart. So, we'll study together. You should go get the books."

"Oh, my God." I groan, walking up the stairs and into my room. I grab my books and walk back downstairs. I sit on the floor across from him, and lay out my book.

"Where are mine?"

"Upstairs."

"Really, princess?" he leans back on the couch and I shoot him a glare, "I don't need 'em, anyways, you got yours."

I begin to test him on the material and he does alright. He did well enough that he'll pass the test. When he tested me, I got all of them right except for one.

"Okay, so we're done and it can go back to normal now." I shut my book and he nods,

"Let's not mention this in school." he says, walking to the door. "Hey, you have a house to yourself."

"Yep."

"You should throw some parties, maybe it'll up your ego just a bit." he smirks and walks out to his car. I shut the door behind him and lock it, going to my phone and calling Julia.

"Where the fuck have you been?" she exclaims, picking up the phone after two rings.

"Well, I found my mom passed out in the bathroom and took her to the hospital. Then, I put her in rehab and she called me a backstabbing bitch of a daughter and not to visit her."

"Mads..."

"And then I came home, forgetting I told Grayson he could come and work on the project. I finally got him to leave but then invited him back in because it was him actually being nice. He helped me clean and then insisted on staying. So, we studied and he just left. We are back on hating each other."

"Mads, lemme come over. You probably don't wanna be in that big house all alone."

"Surprisingly, I do. The neighbors always have a party, like every night when I go to bed so I know if anything happens someone is nearby." I respond, "But yeah, you should come and sleepover, we haven't had one in a while."

"I'll be there in ten."

"Oh, what do you mean, when you nod your head yes but you wanna say no what do you mean!" Julia sings as I drive to hell, also known as school, "When you don't want me to move but you tell me to go what do you mean."

"Love this song but..." I roll my eyes and she flips me off as I turn on This is What You Came For. "Baby, this is what you came for. Lightning strikes every time she moves, and everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you-u-u..."

The song ends right as I find a parking spot in the crowded lot for the school. I sigh and remove the keys from the ignition, reaching to the back seat to grab my bag.

I make sure to lock the doors to my car on the way into this hellhole that I have to be in for five days a week. We make sure to slowly walk in to the school to decrease the lingering stares that everybody does to everyone to judge what that person is wearing today. You can say you don't do it, but we all know that you have once in your lifetime. Yeah, I occasionally do it but I don't stare at people as they walk into the place they were already dreading coming to in the first place.

Today was different though, people were giving me nasty glares but mainly the popular girls, other girls were just giving me looks of sympathy, the boys sneering at me. Grayson immediately comes to mind, he probably told everybody about my alcoholic mom who hates her daughter. Which explains the glares from the popular girls because they hate the fact I'm hanging out with the Grayson Dolan, the other girls sympathetic looks be sure they are nice, and the boys sneers because they don't have a shred of decency in their surprisingly large bodies.

I angrily walk up to my locker and drop of my bag, taking my math book and binder, pencil case and slamming my locker shut, looking around for Grayson. I finally find him in the gym playing basketball before school actually starts.

"What did you tell them?" I storm into the gym, and he turns back to me with a slight chuckle.

"I didn't tell them anything, I just said I was spending time with you because your mom had to go to rehab." he responds.

"You felt the need to tell everyone that?"

"I told my friends only because we had plans last night," he spits,

"You insisted on staying!" I exclaim, "Because I'm smart and you weren't so we could study together."

"I only told my friends, I didn't tell everyone."

"And you know how fucking fast word travels in this place! Especially about the most popular guy in school!" I yell, "I don't know why you even felt the need to tell your friends my mom went to rehab or shit, you could've come up with a lie. I'm surprised you weren't ashamed of me."

He chucks the basketball to the opposite wall, clearly frustrated, running his hands through his hair, "Okay! Fine! Do you wanna know the reason I'm not ashamed to tell my friends I was with you?"

"Yes!"

He looks at me and takes a deep breath, slowly approaching me. His warm breath hits my face, his breathing very slow now. His soft finger tips trail on my cheek, his eyes looking deep into mine.

Finally, he brings his lips close to mine without actually touching my lips and my seventh grade self is jumping up and down. But my 17 year old self is confused as hell. He finally kisses me completely, and I don't turn my head this time.