Chapter Six

Chapter Six: The Unexpected

Violet's POV

Chase had his lips on mine. He put his hands around my waist. I was paralyzed, I jumped away right away, and my lips felt violated. I missed the feeling of Ace's lips, which was weird considering he was avoiding me. Obviously he hadn't thought as much of it as I did. I had only come along today because Chase had said Ace invited me and I wanted to talk to him, though I doubt it considering he wasn't even here. It had taken a lot for me to accept considering Kyle was there, and it wasn't even worth it.

"I can't believe you just did that, what the hell?" I asked and shoved him. He looked taken aback and stumbled a bit.

I went back up to shore, I saw Ace storming off. I picked up the bag I think he dropped and ran after him. He stopped to put his shoes back on, and I look in the bag. There was the towel, but what was this?

I pulled out a little bag made of flexible sheet plastic. I opened the little bag and pulled out another little bag made of paper. Inside that smaller paper bag, there was a box. It was like a Russian doll where the people get smaller and smaller inside of each other.

Anyway, I opened the box and saw a pretty necklace. I looked deeded it over quickly. I found an inscription, and I loved it. I thought the necklace was mine. I had to go get Ace. If he had seen Chase kiss me, he might have gotten the wrong idea and I wanted to talk it out. 

I quickly put the necklace on and chased him again.

"Ace!!!! Wait up!!!!" I yelled to him. He seemed to go faster. 

"Are you mad at me? Did I do something?" I asked. He hadn't spoken to me in days, so I was already pretty sure I had something to upset him, but the whole Chase thing may have made it worse.

"Am I mad? Did you do anything? Really? You just kissed Chase!!!!" He shouted at me.

"I didn't kiss him. He kissed me, and I pulled away and told him I'm not interested in him that way," I explained. I could feel the words coming to my lips, I was going to tell him that I liked him. 2 Days or not, he had some pull over me, and I liked to get things over with.

"Good for you. I don't care. I should be happy cause he will break your heart if you're with him. It'll take you off my hands. I don't even know you. And it's not like it matters to me if he sticks his tongue down your throat, " he said. I felt really hurt and was about to scream. I couldn't go back to the beach, Kyle was there who I didn't want to see, and Chase had tried to kiss me, so I didn't want to deal with him either, but I couldn't stand there looking at Ace who had all but stomped on my heart. I felt like I was going to explode, or cry, or I don't even know. I put my guard up though. I don't think he saw it. I couldn't talk so I just turned and ran.

I looked at the car, and realized I didn't have the keys and I ran into the field across the way. I didn't care that I was in a swimsuit, or even that I was barefoot. I couldn't stop running. He was right. He shouldn't care. I was so stupid.

Tears were slowly rolling down my face. I stopped to see where I was, out of breath. I couldn't see much, just hills and a small group of cows. Until I turned around to see that Ace was running after me. I turned back around and ran to a hill ahead of me. I might not be the strongest person, but I can run extremely fast.

My tears went a little faster as they followed the wet trail down my checks. I might have lost Ace. I hid behind the tall hill. Or so I thought I was hiding. He came running and stopped next to me. He was panting, he was really out of breathe.

He looked down at me and started breathing more normally. 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I do care. I really do," he said. Liar. He stopped to looked at me. Then he stopped on my neck and his face turned bright red. I looked down and remembered I was wearing the necklace.

"Oh right, I'm sorry. I saw it and figured it was for me. I guess not. Here take it," I said and took off the necklace. I put it in his hand and turned to walk away. He grabbed my shoulder and I stopped. His skin was warm, soft, and I loved the feeling of it on mine. His hand lost contact with my skin, and I was going to turn around, but he was putting my necklace on. I guess it was for me after all, but his words hurt enough for me to not want it around my neck. I didn't stop him though.

"It was for you Violet. I'm sorry I'm such ass sometimes. I really do care about you just so you know," he whispered in my ear.

"I...I" I was going to say something, anything but I froze up. Then a small smile came upon my face. I turned around, and looked him in the eye with a smirk on my lips.

"I thought you didn't do nerds like me," my smirk grew a little. He looked at me for a second. He put his hand on my cheek, he leaned in looked sending me in the eye, and got just just close enough to where his breathe was on my face. His bottom lip touched mine slightly. I went a little closer for a kiss, then he pulled away.

"Hey, hey, hey, why so eager? I thought you didn't do bad boys," he said with a smirk appearing on his face. He turned around and began walking away. I smirked and started running. I jumped on his back and whispered in his ear.

"I don't," Then he grabbed my legs, swung me around so he was holding me bridal style, and started running across the sand. I might have screamed, I don't know. It all happened really fast.

He put me down as we came to the road and said catch me if you can. He started to run across the road when an extremely fast car came out of no where. I jumped and pushed him out of the way.

"Caught you," I said relieved. He picked me back up.

He carried me all the way down to the water. I was all happy until I realized that he was going to throw me into the freezing ocean. I held on so tight that my fingers were white. If I went down, he was going with me. I just got dried off.

"DON'T YOU DARE ACE!" I screamed as we got closer to the water.

He ran faster to where he was knee deep and he threw me in. I refused to let go of him, so he went down with me. We were under water, and our eyes met when we surfaced. He got closer. And so did I. Before I could say a word, his lips were on mine. And I liked it. I kissed him back. He pulled away and looked at me with a smile.

"It sure seems like you love us bad boys. Saving us from cars, kissing us, wearing our necklaces," he whispered. Our foreheads were pressed together. I rolled my eyes and pushed him back.

"Nope. Not in a million years, will I love you," I said.

"Then I will wait a million and one years," he said.

A/N: Don't forget to vote comment and share if you enjoyed this chapter.